80. And they say, “The Fire will not touch us except for a number of days.” Say, “Have you received a promise from God-God never breaks His promise-or are you saying about God what you do not know?”
81. Indeed, whoever commits misdeeds, and becomes besieged by his iniquities-these are the inmates of the Fire, wherein they will dwell forever.
82. As for those who believe and do righteous deeds-these are the inhabitants of Paradise, wherein they will dwell forever.
83. We made a covenant with the Children of Israel: “Worship none but God; and be good to parents, and relatives, and orphans, and the needy; and speak nicely to people; and pray regularly, and give alms.” Then you turned away, except for a few of you, recanting.
84. And We made a covenant with you: “You shall not shed the blood of your own, nor shall you evict your own from your homes.” You agreed, and were all witnesses.
85. But here you are, killing your own, and expelling a group of your own from their homes-conspiring against them in wrongdoing and hostility. And if they come to you as captives, you ransom them, although it was forbidden to you. Is it that you believe in part of the Scripture, and disbelieve in part? What is the reward for those among you who do that but humiliation in this life? And on the Day of Resurrection, they will be assigned to the most severe torment. God is not unaware of what you do.
86. Those are they who bought the present life for the Hereafter, so the punishment will not be lightened for them, nor will they be helped.
87. We gave Moses the Scripture, and sent a succession of messengers after him. And We gave Jesus son of Mary the clear proofs, and We supported him with the Holy Spirit. Is it that whenever a messenger comes to you with anything your souls do not desire, you grew arrogant, calling some impostors, and killing others?
88. And they said, “Our hearts are sealed.” Rather, God has cursed them for their ingratitude. They have little faith.
89. And when a scripture came to them from God, confirming what they have-although previously they were seeking victory against those who disbelieved-but when there came to them what they recognized, they disbelieved in it. So God’s curse is upon the disbelievers.
90. Miserable is what they sold their souls for-rejecting what God has revealed, out of resentment that God would send down His grace upon whomever He chooses from among His servants. Thus they incurred wrath upon wrath. And there is a demeaning punishment for the disbelievers.
Archangel Gabriel is still telling Muhammad what happened to the Jewish nation after Moses gave commandments. This must have take place many years after Moses, where the commandments, Sabbath, and other rituals of worship has been altered by the Jewish priesthood. There is also a very sad idea that those in power and influence sold their own people into slavery. So once again this is proof to me that they are not speaking about all Jews, but are speaking to the wealthy elite class that once again lost their humility in their social status.
How sad for the Jews did Muhammad feel in his heart! I actually cry as I type this because I think it is so wrong for a class of people to create a caste system when we are all equal under God. Islam brings the idea that a good slave is loved and equal to a good king. There is no distinction in men in terms of wealth or power, there is only distinction in the hearts.
I will say looking at the Quran you learn that the poor class of Jews have been poorly treated in life, and I do believe they are part of the People of the Book, and will receive their rewards in heaven where they can finally have peace. I am crying still as I think of the Holocaust and how it was only the poor Jews that they saw as “undesirable” to be selected to work in the factories of Germany. So they put poor , old and disabled Jews into the fire. Well I will say with passionate conviction, God will put them in the fire that they showed others.
Everything is reflected back and your karma is REAL. God is saying in these passages that the pain that the leader Jews created for their own people will cause a suffering they can not escape from, even if this life allows them the freedom to live lavishly standing on the backs of others.
The Jewish elders rejected the Gospel coming to them only claiming the truth of the Torah, but God sent down this book as a test and as a support for the book they held as truth. This is why they plotted to kill Jesus later, threatened by the truth that they did not hold Heaven as monopoly.