91. And when it is said to them, “Believe in what God has revealed,” they say, “We believe in what was revealed to us,” and they reject anything beyond that, although it is the truth which confirms what they have. Say, “Why did you kill God’s prophets before, if you were believers?”
92. Moses came to you with clear proofs, yet you adopted the calf in his absence, and you were in the wrong.
93. And We made a covenant with you, and raised the Mount above you: “Take what We have given you firmly, and listen.” They said, “We hear and disobey.” And their hearts became filled with the love of the calf because of their disbelief. Say, “Wretched is what your faith commands you to do, if you are believers.”
94. Say, “If the Final Home with God is yours alone, to the exclusion of all other people, then wish for death if you are sincere.”
95. But they will never wish for it, because of what their hands have forwarded. God is aware of the evildoers.
96. You will find them, of all mankind, the most eager for life, even more than the polytheists. Every one of them wishes he could live a thousand years; but to be granted a long life will not nudge him from the punishment. God is Seeing of what they do.
97. Say, “Whoever is hostile to Gabriel-it is he who revealed it to your heart by God’s leave, confirming what preceded it, and guidance and good news for the believers.”
98. Whoever is hostile to God, and His angels, and His messengers, and Gabriel, and Michael-God is hostile to the faithless.
99. We have revealed to you clear signs, and none rejects them except the sinners.
100. Is it not that whenever they make a covenant, some of them toss it aside? In fact, most of them do not believe.
Archangel Gabriel is telling Muhammad about the way the Isralites leaders and their followers decided to stray from the truth and worship the Golden Calf. I know this deity as “Moloch” an ancient cow or bull god, that was said to give wealth and power if they sacrificed their children to fire by this statue. This was an ancient Israelite deity that some of them believed secretly in practice while, some of them believed in God. Not all of them trusted Moses nor followed his examples.
At this point I see God not as a jealous God, as the Bible says, but as a “concerned” one. Concerned that pagan worship would spread and human sacrifice will gain further influence over people’s minds. Islam is COMPLETELY against all human sacrifice or blood to God. There is no blood needed for the Lord of the Worlds that has all the blood drops as much as there are stars in the skies. The Burning Bush that spoke to Moses was to start this catalyst of getting mankind back on track of not worshipping evil and cruel gods that demand suffering. But some sadly did not want to listen.
There is an idea that there were other prophets as well as Moses, that were evil killed by those Jewish leaders unjustly. Gabriel is letting Muhammad know that you can never hide a thing from God and all lies are revealed eventually.
Anyone who is an open enemy to angels, prophets, messengers, or God…is on the side of the one who is an enemy to them as well-Satan.