130. Who would forsake the religion of Abraham, except he who fools himself? We chose him in this world, and in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.
131. When his Lord said to him, “Submit!” He said, “I have submitted to the Lord of the Worlds.”
132. And Abraham exhorted his sons, and Jacob, “O my sons, God has chosen this religion for you, so do not die unless you have submitted.”
133. Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, and he said to his sons, “What will you worship after Me?” They said, “We will worship your God, and the God of your fathers, Abraham, Ishmael, and Isaac; One God; and to Him we submit.”
134. That was a community that has passed; for them is what they have earned, and for you is what you have earned; and you will not be questioned about what they used to do.
135. And they say, “Be Jews or Christians, and you will be guided.” Say, “Rather, the religion of Abraham, the Monotheist; he was not an idolater.”
136. Say, “We believe in God; and in what was revealed to us; and in what was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus; and in what was given to the prophets-from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we surrender.”
137. If they believe in the same as you have believed in, then they have been guided. But if they turn away, then they are in schism. God will protect you against them; for He is the Hearer, the Knower.
138. God’s coloring. And who gives better coloring than God? “And we are devoted to Him.”
139. Say, “Do you argue with us about God, when He is our Lord and your Lord, and We have our works, and you have your works, and we are sincere to Him?”
140. Or do you say that Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs were Jews or Christians? Say, “Do you know better, or God?” And who does greater wrong than he who conceals a testimony he has from God? God is not unaware of what you do.
Now we are getting deeper into the past, and showing how Islam is a call to revert back to the original religion of Abraham. Also as you can see, God includes Isaac and Ishmael as the righteous descendants of Abraham…so there you go. Jews and Muslims can end the debate forever. The brothers were equal in righteousness and considered as part of the bloodline of righteous believers.
Here Gabriel is saying Jews and Christians claim that the original religion is theirs. However historically, Abraham did not claim a name for the religion and instead it was a way of life of good deeds and monotheistic devotion. Islam is a way of life, and never was supposed to be a rigid religion and here we see this clearly.