140. Or do you say that Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs were Jews or Christians? Say, “Do you know better, or God?” And who does greater wrong than he who conceals a testimony he has from God? God is not unaware of what you do.
141. That was a community that has passed. To them is what they have earned, and to you is what you have earned. And you will not be questioned about what they used to do.
142. The ignorant among the people will say, “What has turned them away from the direction of prayer they once followed?” Say, “To God belong the East and the West. He guides whom He wills to a straight path.”
143. Thus We made you a moderate community, that you may be witnesses to humanity, and that the Messenger may be a witness to you. We only established the direction of prayer, which you once followed, that We may distinguish those who follow the Messenger from those who turn on their heels. It is indeed difficult, except for those whom God has guided. But God would never let your faith go to waste. God is Kind towards the people, Merciful.
144. We have seen your face turned towards the heaven. So We will turn you towards a direction that will satisfy you. So turn your face towards the Sacred Mosque. And wherever you may be, turn your faces towards it. Those who were given the Book know that it is the Truth from their Lord; and God is not unaware of what they do.
145. Even if you were to bring to those who were given the Book every proof, they would not follow your direction, nor are you to follow their direction, nor do they follow the direction of one another. And if you were to follow their desires, after the knowledge that has come to you, you would be in that case one of the wrongdoers.
146. Those to whom We have given the Book recognize it as they recognize their own children. But some of them conceal the truth while they know.
147. The truth is from your Lord, so do not be a skeptic.
148. To every community is a direction towards which it turns. Therefore, race towards goodness. Wherever you may be, God will bring you all together. God is capable of everything.
149. And wherever you come from, turn your face towards the Sacred Mosque. This is the truth from your Lord, and God is not heedless of what you do.
150. And wherever you come from, turn your face towards the Sacred Mosque. And wherever you may be, turn your faces towards it. So that the people may not have any argument against you-except those who do wrong among them. So do not fear them, but fear Me, that I may complete My blessings upon you, and that you may be guided.
Here is ultimate proof that Muhammad did not write this Quran. Because of the perspective it takes. Gabriel is telling Muhammad that only he is responsible for his self and his acts, and what the other prophets have done will not be part of his earnings. When people read this Quran they need to see that this is a glimpse into what Muhammad was told…it’s as if we are seeing a recoding of some sort. It shows moments in time and is written in a way that isn’t humanly possible. It is extremely hard to write in the perspective of telling yourself something that you will need to then tell to others.
Gabriel seems to be able to show Muhammad glimpses or visions of times in which certain individuals challenged the prophets of old. Perhaps at this point Gabriel is reading from the Book of Life where all thoughts and words are imprinted and can be referenced to again. Some spiritualists call this the “akashic records” that is a sanskrit name that means “sky” that reference to another dimension where all records of time and events are held. Certain points in the Quran, I see this happening as if in the cave Muhammad is taken through time to show what has happened exactly in the past in order to prevent it in the future.
So here it is revealed to Muhammad that when the Gospel was written by chosen disciples of Jesus, like John, the Jewish elders or pharisees doubted it as the word of God. And there is a warning that as Muhammad turns his followers to pray towards the Kabbah under ONE God, then the pagans will ask what is going on as they see the pagan rituals rejected.
What I love about this is the idea that the angel then says, the West and the East, ALL directions belong to God. So it does not matter what land they lay claim on. God of Abraham is over all things. This is proof too, that the Quran was meant for all of mankind across every direction.
There is a great idea of community established here in these verses, one of all righteous people will be coming together, brought together by God through His Will for goodness to spread.