150. And wherever you come from, turn your face towards the Sacred Mosque. And wherever you may be, turn your faces towards it. So that the people may not have any argument against you-except those who do wrong among them. So do not fear them, but fear Me, that I may complete My blessings upon you, and that you may be guided.
151. Just as We sent to you a messenger from among you, who recites Our revelations to you, and purifies you, and teaches you the Book and wisdom, and teaches you what you did not know.
152. So remember Me, and I will remember you. And thank Me, and do not be ungrateful.
153. O you who believe! Seek help through patience and prayers. God is with the steadfast.
154. And do not say of those who are killed in the cause of God, “Dead.” Rather, they are alive, but you do not perceive.
155. We will certainly test you with some fear and hunger, and some loss of possessions and lives and crops. But give good news to the steadfast.
156. Those who, when a calamity afflicts them, say, “To God we belong, and to Him we will return.”
157. Upon these are blessings and mercy from their Lord. These are the guided ones.
158. Safa and Marwa are among the rites of God. Whoever makes the Pilgrimage to the House, or performs the Umrah, commits no error by circulating between them. Whoever volunteers good-God is Appreciative and Cognizant.
159. Those who suppress the proofs and the guidance We have revealed, after We have clarified them to humanity in the Scripture-those-God curses them, and the cursers curse them.
160. Except those who repent, and reform, and proclaim. Those-I will accept their repentance. I am the Acceptor of Repentance, the Merciful.
This is Gabriel saying to Muhammad these are the words he must speak for God to the people as the next chosen prophet in this historical time. He must remind the people that they are and will be slaughtered and oppressed by those in Mecca who hate to see their pagan religion system crumbling. But he gives them glad tidings, that there is no such thing as “death” for these brave souls who are killed by others. They are very much alive in the spiritual world that we can not see.
These lines read as an inspiring speech to start a revolution and to know that God is with them. The brave choices they make as righteous believers will not go unseen by God. All good acts are recorded and reflected upon.
There is also a curse put upon those who become the mortal enemies of God and the messengers, and their punishment for not listening to Muhammad, will not be light in the hereafter.
I see Hell as a state of being or conscious state you can end up in after death, if in life you denied Heaven and God. After all-we are the co-creators of our realities, and this extends to the afterlife as well.