200. When you have completed your rites, remember God as you remember your parents, or even more. Among the people is he who says, “Our Lord, give us in this world,” yet he has no share in the Hereafter.
201. And among them is he who says, “Our Lord, give us goodness in this world, and goodness in the Hereafter, and protect us from the torment of the Fire.”
202. These will have a share of what they have earned. God is swift in reckoning.
203. And remember God during the designated days. But whoever hurries on in two days commits no wrong, and whoever stays on commits no wrong-provided he maintains righteousness. And obey God, and know that to Him you will be gathered.
204. Among the people is he whose speech about the worldly life impresses you, and he calls God to witness what is in his heart, while he is the most hostile of adversaries.
205. When he gains power, he strives to spread corruption on earth, destroying properties and lives. God does not like corruption.
206. And when he is told, “Beware of God,” his pride leads him to more sin. Hell is enough for him-a dreadful abode.
207. And among the people is he who sells himself seeking God’s approval. God is kind towards the servants.
208. O you who believe! Enter into submission, wholeheartedly, and do not follow the footsteps of Satan; he is to you an outright enemy.
209. But if you slip after the proofs have come to you, know that God is Powerful and Wise.
210. Are they waiting for God Himself to come to them in the shadows of the clouds, together with the angels, and thus the matter is settled? All things are returned to God.
This is a message to Muhammad to learn how to use his intuition and wisdom given to discern between a true believer and not. I meet these people all the time. They pay lip service to God while they harm, hurt, and judge others to hell. This is something Gabriel is telling Muhammad right now at this point. To understand that people may say that they are believers, but it is their actions that will prove it. Are they giving their wealth to those in dire situations? Are they helping others have an enjoyable experience in this world too by being kind? These are all things God knows and recognizes.
There is a warning to give to the people Gabriel is telling Muhammad at this point, and it is to be warned about following Satan’s dark path of lies, deceit, greed, lust, and avoidance of service to God. Here is also a warning that if someone starts off with faith and is mislead by Satan, then they are told that God can cause you to find your way back, but is wise in choice of WHO to call back and WHO to allow to wander. God can read each of our hearts and can tell what the intention is behind our actions.
Something VERY important to me is the idea of not being passive and waiting for angels to come through the clouds to do our work for us. We are told even in the Bible, that God helps those who help themselves. And this is something brought forth in the Quran, that God will not change the condition of a person until they change it within first.
Same thing, my fellow human beings. Archangel Gabriel right now is letting Muhammad know that people need to change before the angels come and the resurrection begins. Because it matters what a person chooses to do with their time on this earth while still alive. It matters greatly to God. All truth will be revealed in the end.