100. Is it not that whenever they make a covenant, some of them toss it aside? In fact, most of them do not believe.
101. And when there came to them a messenger from God, confirming what they had, a faction of those who were given the Book threw the Book of God behind their backs, as if they do not know.
102. And they followed what the devils taught during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but it was the devils who disbelieved. They taught the people witchcraft and what was revealed in Babylon to the two angels Harut and Marut. They did not teach anybody until they had said, “We are a test, so do not lose faith.” But they learned from them the means to cause separation between man and his wife. But they cannot harm anyone except with God’s permission. And they learned what would harm them and not benefit them. Yet they knew that whoever deals in it will have no share in the Hereafter. Miserable is what they sold their souls for, if they only knew.
103. Had they believed and been righteous, the reward from God would have been better, if they only knew.
104. O you who believe! Do not say ambiguous words, but say words of respect, and listen. The disbelievers will have a painful torment.
105. It is never the wish of the disbelievers from among the People of the Book, nor of the polytheists, that any good should be sent down to you from your Lord. But God chooses for His mercy whomever He wills. God is Possessor of Sublime Grace.
106. We never nullify a verse, nor cause it to be forgotten, unless We bring one better than it, or similar to it. Do you not know that God is capable of all things?
107. Do you not know that to God belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and that apart from God you have no guardian or helper?
108. Or do you want to question your Messenger as Moses was questioned before? Whoever exchanges faith for disbelief has strayed from the right path.
109. Many of the People of the Book wish to turn you back into unbelievers after you have believed, out of envy on their part, after the Truth has become clear to them. But pardon and overlook, until God brings His command. God has power over all things.
110. And perform the prayer, and give alms. Whatever good you forward for yourselves, you will find it with God. God is Seeing of everything you do.
Gabriel is still coaching Muhammad how it has been seen that the religious guidance of Moses has been altered. As I read the Torah, it becomes easy to see where this is because I read the Quran. There are stories in the Old Testament that do not seem to fit with the description of God. Such as Jacob physically wrestling with him in the night and causing a wound of the hip, that makes Jews stay away from eating the sinew of the thigh of animals. These are words that have a “human” tone of folklore and myth. I see the Torah today having a lot of truth in it, but I do see some places that makes me question whether it comes from a man or a Higher Source. I believe you need the Torah though since it is an amazing piece of history and Genesis holds much truth. I am an advocate that with reading all three, you get to see a clearer image of God. I became a muslim because I saw that this was the third religion to unite the three together again. And this is my goal. Christians and Jews, can keep their labels as it says in verse 2:62, but just know we all come from the same source and belief in the same Lord of the Worlds. That is my goal. That is why I write this blog.
Solomon is regarded as evil by the other religions, but here Islam is suggesting that Solomon was not evil at all. He had the ability to work with other beings not humans, known as jinns. Satan or (Iblis) was a jinn, but jinns are those with Free Will, and the ones working for Solomon are ones who chose the path of redemption to help him build a temple to prove the existence of God. It was a marvelous temple of shining glass and I will say freemasonry reveres this structure today.
The freemasons we know of today started from these group of men that pride themselves on ancient knowledge of geometry and construction given during Solomon’s temple being built. We are told their were other angels or beings called Marut and Harut that gave men the wisdom of magic and alchemy, but they only did so as a larger test to mankind. These men took this knowledge and with using magic, they have in turn lost their souls as the temptation to do great harm comes with this great power.
Please do more research about Solomon and the Freemason connections.
Perform prayer and give charity, in giving to others, you in turn show God you are a worthy person of blessings in your own life. What you create in your reality, you will see. Give love=get love back. But God is seeing of your intentions so give for the sake of LOVE to help others. Do not give to show God, give to make someone see God through you.
Gabriel is saying to Muhammad that the Pagan Arab leaders of Mecca will mock you and try to destroy your character, just as the Jewish leaders did to Moses. Be strong and know God is with you, empowering you to help humanity in a positive way.