240. Those of you who die and leave wives behind-a will shall provide their wives with support for a year, provided they do not leave. If they leave, you are not to blame for what they do with themselves, provided it is reasonable. God is Mighty and Wise.
241. And divorced women shall be provided for, equitably-a duty upon the righteous.
242. God thus explains His revelations to you, so that you may understand.
243. Have you not considered those who fled their homes, by the thousands, fearful of death? God said to them, “Die.” Then He revived them. God is Gracious towards the people, but most people are not appreciative.
244. Fight in the cause of God, and know that God is Hearing and Knowing.
245. Who is he who will offer God a generous loan, so He will multiply it for him manifold? God receives and amplifies, and to Him you will be returned.
246. Have you not considered the notables of the Children of Israel after Moses? When they said to a prophet of theirs, “Appoint a king for us, and we will fight in the cause of God.” He said, “Is it possible that, if fighting was ordained for you, you would not fight?” They said, “Why would we not fight in the cause of God, when we were driven out of our homes, along with our children?” But when fighting was ordained for them, they turned away, except for a few of them. But God is aware of the wrongdoers.
247. Their prophet said to them, “God has appointed Saul to be your king.” They said, “How can he have authority over us, when we are more worthy of authority than he, and he was not given plenty of wealth?” He said, “God has chosen him over you, and has increased him in knowledge and stature.” God bestows His sovereignty upon whomever He wills. God is Embracing and Knowing.
248. And their prophet said to them, “The proof of his kingship is that the Ark will be restored to you, bringing tranquility from your Lord, and relics left by the family of Moses and the family of Aaron. It will be carried by the angels. In that is a sign for you, if you are believers.”
249. When Saul set out with the troops, he said, “God will be testing you with a river. Whoever drinks from it does not belong with me. But whoever does not drink from it, does belong with me, except for whoever scoops up a little with his hand.” But they drank from it, except for a few of them. Then, when he crossed it, he and those who believed with him, they said, “We have no strength to face Goliath and his troops today.” But those who knew that they would meet God said, “How many a small group has defeated a large group by God’s will. God is with the steadfast.”
250. And when they confronted Goliath and his troops, they said, “Our Lord, pour down patience on us, and strengthen our foothold, and support us against the faithless people.”
Archangel Gabriel a being of the Light of God, is speaking to Muhammad to let him know that the reason these revelations are being given is so that the people may LIVE and understand once again. It’s a freeing of the soul to treat others with kindness and to care for ones uncared for in the past. Also having this knowledge will put them in advantage to those who only want to conquer and create chaos on earth.
God works through people in order to sustain the human species.So activist events, major Human Rights movements, and battles against oppressive and evil people are the Will of God.
The message continues into this idea that a war was once prescribed to an early civilization of Israel to preserve their religion and selves, and instead they did not fight. I am not sure how God made them die and then resurrect them, but with God of the Universe, anything is possible. This could be spiritual death and a rebirth within the community to have found God again after neglecting the signs to fight against oppression.
Who ever loans Allah a beautiful loan will be blessed and receive back more than they can imagine. I see this as natural consequences to doing good on earth. Good will always have good come back to you, but in regards of doing the Will of God prescribed in the messages, it will be multiplied, since we have a loving God that loves the Good protected and to thrive.
The story of Saul appointed as King is an interesting look at how people viewed rulers back then and still do unfortunately. It is not the wealth of a leader that makes a leader, it is the way a leader helps their people and the way in which they carry themselves as a devotee to God. But the people were not happy and did not understand this idea, they were still very much not awakened to God. But the Ark of Covenant was given to Saul in order to prove to the people that this chest with a great power was chosen to be placed in his hands by God.
Saul set off with his army, but guided by God in his heart and in his mind, he tested to see who was really a devoted servant to him and to the Lord. So he asked the men to not be tempted to drink water and to instead have faith in the Lord while they are at war. The ones who remained with Saul were on the same path as believers and together they fought the giant Goliath and his army. King Saul was David’s father and this is where the story of David and Goliath comes from.
This story is a parable of how the forces of darkness in the world may seem bigger than the good people, but with God, all things are possible and this is why King Saul’s army won over Goliath. They were bigger and stronger as giants it is said, but Saul’s army had God’s divine support and nothing can ever defeat that.