40. He said, “My Lord, how will I have a son, when old age has overtaken me, and my wife is barren?” He said, “Even so, God does whatever He wills.”
41. He said, “My Lord, give me a sign.” He said, “Your sign is that you shall not speak to the people for three days, except by gestures. And remember your Lord much, and praise in the evening and the morning.”
42. The angels said, “O Mary, God has chosen you, and has purified you. He has chosen you over all the women of the world.
43. “O Mary, be devoted to your Lord, and bow down, and kneel with those who kneel.”
44. These are accounts from the Unseen, which We reveal to you. You were not with them when they cast their lots as to which of them would take charge of Mary; nor were you with them as they quarreled.
45. The Angels said, “O Mary, God gives you good news of a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, well-esteemed in this world and the next, and one of the nearest.
46. He will speak to the people from the crib, and in adulthood, and will be one of the righteous.”
47. She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child, when no man has touched me?” He said, “It will be so. God creates whatever He wills. To have anything done, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.”
48. And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel.
49. A messenger to the Children of Israel: “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the figure of a bird; then I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s leave. And I heal the blind and the leprous, and I revive the dead, by God’s leave. And I inform you concerning what you eat, and what you store in your homes. In that is a sign for you, if you are believers.”
50. “And verifying what lies before me of the Torah, and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord; so fear God, and obey me.”
Muhammad is given a glimpse of what happened in the past, when one reads the Quran it is like taking a time machine into ancient times. We are being shown that Zechariah was given the Signs that God’s promise to him would come true when he would become mute for 3 days. This is Zechariah’s Sign from God.
Then the Angels told Mary that she would indeed be used as an instrument of service for God, and would give birth to a man who would teach at a young age the true messages and laws of God, after so much corruption in the world. Because Mary has proven herself worthy in heart and soul, she became a mother for this wonderful being, we know today as Jesus.
Jesus will be taught the Torah, the Gospel and the scripture filled of wisdom, and Mary is given the news that she will mother the Mercy for mankind, known as the Messiah. Jesus will be able to perform miracles because of the special spirit he has from God.
The difference between Christianity and Islam happens at this crossing road. Many priests taught that Jesus was God here on earth and saved all of mankind in death, and Muslims are shown that Jesus was a servant of God and was given the power to help save mankind in life, through his teachings. Something that lies as a great mystery to all, is that In the End Times Jesus will have a special part in our retribution and judgement. Nobody knows exactly what this will be except that he will be a Mercy for mankind.
Jesus was sent by God to change the structure of religion that was happening before he was born. Too many religious leaders where using God’s name in vain to do their deeds. Jesus taught of the things allowed by God, and the things that once were not allowed, and are allowed now. He was a guide, a loving messenger, and a honorable man just like his mother who birthed him miraculously.
Muslims love him dearly, just as much as Christians do. We do not worship the man, but only the God that created him. That really is the only difference and we should not argue or judge one another for it.
An artist’s rendition of Mary being told the news by the Angels