120. If something good happens to you, it upsets them; but if something bad befalls you, they rejoice at it. But if you persevere and maintain righteousness, their schemes will not harm you at all. God comprehends what they do.
121. Remember when you left your home in the morning, to assign battle-positions for the believers. God is Hearing and Knowing.
122. When two groups among you almost faltered, but God was their Protector. So in God let the believers put their trust.
123. God had given you victory at Badr, when you were weak. So fear God, that you may be thankful.
124. When you said to the believers, “Is it not enough for you that your Lord has reinforced you with three thousand angels, sent down?”
125. It is; but if you persevere and remain cautious, and they attack you suddenly, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels, well trained.
126. God made it but a message of hope for you, and to reassure your hearts thereby. Victory comes only from God the Almighty, the Wise.
127. He thus cuts off a section of those who disbelieved, or subdues them, so they retreat disappointed.
128. It is no concern of yours whether He redeems them or punishes them. They are wrongdoers.
129. To God belongs everything in the heavens and the earth. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. God is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
130. O you who believe! Do not feed on usury, compounded over and over, and fear God, so that you may prosper.
Gabriel is explaining how lip service to God, does not work. You can not be a good person who believes in God, if you rejoice at the misery of others of different faith than you. The battles that have been going on between these muslims, with Christians, Jews, or pagans of Mecca have been given to the muslims in victory because of the Angels being on their sides, in the past battles. Not all of them, but to the battles that belonged to Muhammad as a true messenger of Islam.
I can not speak about other battles people have done in the name of Islam, or what they believed Islam to be about.
ISISL or Boko Haram, may wonder why they have not been able to spread THEIR form of religion, and it probably is because the Angels are simply not on their side. They will have a painful retribution of what they have done to others. Just as the Christian Templar Knights, and Jewish armies have done to others.
Do you SEE? It is not about what you believe in, it is about what you do with those beliefs that matter. God will bring victory always to the people in the right who are defending themselves against evil oppressors. It’s just how the universe works.