80. Nor would he command you to take the angels and the prophets as lords. Would he command you to infidelity after you have submitted?
81. God received the covenant of the prophets, “Inasmuch as I have given you of scripture and wisdom; should a messenger come to you verifying what you have, you shall believe in him, and support him.” He said, “Do you affirm My covenant and take it upon yourselves?” They said, “We affirm it.” He said, “Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses.”
82. Whoever turns away after that-these are the deceitful.
83. Do they desire other than the religion of God, when to Him has submitted everything in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and to Him they will be returned?
84. Say, “We believe in God, and in what was revealed to us; and in what was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses, and Jesus, and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we submit.”
85. Whoever seeks other than Islam as a religion, it will not be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.
86. How will God guide a people who disbelieved after having believed, and had witnessed that the Messenger is true, and the clear proofs had come to them? God does not guide the unjust people.
87. Those-their penalty is that upon them falls the curse of God, and of the angels, and of all mankind.
88. Remaining in it eternally, without their punishment being eased from them, and without being reprieved.
89. Except those who repent afterwards, and reform; for God is Forgiving and Merciful.
90. As for those who disbelieve after having believed, then plunge deeper into disbelief, their repentance will not be accepted; these are the lost.
We are now getting into the emotional warfare happening between the religions. Muhammad is being told by Gabriel that there are people in power who have been given the scriptures of the Torah and the Gospel, and they have turned away from the true teachings, seeking an interpretation that pleases them, but that does not include ALL God’s people.
As you can see, the Angels of God are not happy with mankind. One of the reasons I enjoy the Quran so much is because it shows how JUST and loving our God is, to send an Angel to help humanity get back to understanding one another? Can you imagine for a moment how loving of a Source this Creator is? To try to bring unity back to a world that has become divided by religion, is beyond loving…it IS Creation. The act of creation of Peace.
Anyone who believes in the Creator, His angels, prophets, messengers, and books passed down through out history that carry the same messages is a muslim and their way of life is Islam.
Sight of Unity will be one way how we are judged in the end. If you can not see all of humanity belonging together under One God in “Islam”, then how will you ever be able to receive the Whole of God in perception on earth and in your soul. Humans are not God, but to deny some as part of God or having a spiritual connection to God, is having the inability to KNOW God.
In the end, all true monotheistic pathways will lead ultimately to seeing unity in humanity. There is no escaping this reality. We are all One family under God. It is how we were created, and how we will be returned one day. Some will refuse to see this and for them will be a punishment, not from God, but possibly from their own souls, isolated forever from the Whole of God.
For me, my search for this unity has brought peace and wisdom to my heart. I am now able to share this knowledge and I hope to bring peace and wisdom to yours. That is my duty as a servant to God, to unite what has been broken in the past, not through force, but ultimately through LOVE.
This is a muslim’s duty commanded through the Quran. Not terrorism. We are ordained by God to spread peace, and unity between all religions and people and it means teaching others, then walking away.