180. Those who withhold what God has given them of his bounty should not assume that is good for them. In fact, it is bad for them. They will be encircled by their hoardings on the Day of Resurrection. To God belongs the inheritance of the heavens and the earth, and God is well acquainted with what you do.
181. God has heard the statement of those who said, “God is poor, and we are rich.” We will write down what they said, and their wrongful killing of the prophets; and We will say, “Taste the torment of the burning.”
182. “This is on account of what your hands have forwarded, and because God is not unjust towards the creatures.”
183. Those who said, “God has made a covenant with us, that we shall not believe in any messenger unless he brings us an offering to be consumed by fire.” Say, “Messengers have come to you before me with proofs, and with what you asked for; so why did you assassinate them, if you are truthful?”
184. If they accuse you of lying, messengers before you were accused of lying. They came with the proofs, and the Psalms, and the Illuminating Scripture.
185. Every soul will have a taste of death, and you will receive your recompense on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever is swayed from the Fire, and admitted to Paradise, has won. The life of this world is merely enjoyment of delusion.
186. You will be tested through your possessions and your persons; and you will hear from those who received the Scripture before you, and from the idol worshipers, much abuse. But if you persevere and lead a righteous life-that indeed is a mark of great determination.
187. God received a pledge from those who were given the Scripture: “You shall proclaim it to the people, and not conceal it.” But they disregarded it behind their backs, and exchanged it for a small price. What a miserable exchange they made.
188. Do not think that those who rejoice in what they have done, and love to be praised for what they have not done-do not think they can evade the punishment. They will have a painful punishment.
189. To God belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. God has power over all things.
190. In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, are signs for people of understanding.
This is Gabriel giving knowledge to Muhammad that he will need to sustain him. The Angel is explaining how even though men in charge mock God and his prophets on earth, and say terrible things about the Giver of Life instead of appreciate Him, these men will not go unpunished for what they have done to others.
Each evil deed done is tallied up and kept in a record of their life, and they will be shown what they have done to others in the End. Never worry, the evil will always get their just reward and punishment. It’s karma and how the universe works.
Another proof in the idea Muhammad did not write this himself, is the explanation given to Muhammad that he will be mocked, ridiculed, and even threatened against just as the other messengers of God in the past have been. Gabriel is warning Muhammad it will be a tough journey, but he has been appointed to this duty for a reason.
Just the existence of the perfect way the universe works, by having the sun shine for our days, and the moon glow for our dark nights as the earth rotates, is proof to those who believe that there is a system or purpose for everything. Signs are everywhere and those who do not recognize them, don’t believe in the system of perfect justice that lies beyond this earth that will account for all that they have done-good and bad.