40. God does not commit an atom’s weight of injustice; and if there is a good deed, He doubles it, and gives from His Presence a sublime compensation.
41. Then how will it be, when We bring a witness from every community, and We bring you as a witness against these?
42. On that Day, those who disbelieved and disobeyed the Messenger will wish that the earth were leveled over them. They will conceal nothing from God.
43. O you who believe! Do not approach the prayer while you are drunk, so that you know what you say; nor after sexual orgasm-unless you are travelling-until you have bathed. If you are sick, or traveling, or one of you comes from the toilet, or you have had intercourse with women, and cannot find water, find clean sand and wipe your faces and your hands with it. God is Pardoning and Forgiving.
44. Have you not considered those who were given a share of the Book? They buy error, and wish you would lose the way.
45. But God knows your enemies best. God is sufficient as a Protector, and God is sufficient as a Supporter.
46. Among the Jews are some who take words out of context, and say, “We hear and we disobey”, and “Hear without listening”, and “Observe us,” twisting with their tongues and slandering the religion. Had they said, “We hear and we obey”, and “Listen”, and “Give us your attention,” it would have been better for them, and more upright. But God has cursed them for their disbelief; they do not believe except a little.
47. O you who were given the Book! Believe in what We sent down, confirming what you have, before We obliterate faces and turn them inside out, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers. The command of God is always done.
48. God does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives anything less than that to whomever He wills. Whoever associates anything with God has devised a monstrous sin.
49. Have you not considered those who claim purity for themselves? Rather, God purifies whom He wills, and they will not be wronged a whit.
50. See how they devise lies against God. That alone is an outright sin.
Since Gabriel has told Muhammad that not an atom of good or bad, will go unnoticed by God, then he is told to tell the people that they can not hide what they have done. Especially the leaders of religion, that have altered God’s messages of the past.
Muhammad is told to tell the believing people to not go to prayer drunk so they are aware of the spiritual, or not to come dirty to a place of worship of God. You must be clean in respect to the body that God gave your soul as a vehicle. If you can not find water after doing these natural human “dirty” things, then take sand from the ground and rub your hands and face. This was clean off the bacteria and is a ritual of cleanliness towards God.
If you ever see a bird who washes themselves in the dirt of the ground in a dirt bath, you will know where this instinct comes from.
Here Gabriel tells Muhammad about the alterations by the priests and pharisees who have said something is from God, when it is only from their mouths. The Jewish elders or pharisees, are called out here. In particular in the Talmud is a line that says whoever doesn’t listen to a rabbi will be boiled in their own feces. Now Muhammad is being told time and time again, that if a verse is more about the listening to man, than God-it isn’t from God. Now, I have read the Torah and the Talmud, there is much truth. But always be wary of a religious person that puts themselves in a place of power over people. This is what Islam warns about.
God has cursed those who did not follow Moses’s original Jewish teachings and instead created their own. And the Priests who claim to be divinely ordained to purify people, is a fallacy. Only God can forgive and purify you. There is no need for a leader in religion to hold all the power. The power is placed back into the hands of the individual with Islam.
Anyone who lies about God, is only lying to themselves and will be shown the truth in the End. Purification of the soul comes from God only. No holy water, no priests, no rituals, only actions of faith is what ultimately saves you.