60. Have you not observed those who claim that they believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you, yet they seek Satanic sources for legislation, in spite of being commanded to reject them? Satan means to mislead them far away.
61. And when it is said to them, “Come to what God has revealed, and to the Messenger,” you see the hypocrites shunning you completely.
62. How about when a disaster strikes them because what their hands have put forward, and then they come to you swearing by God: “We only intended goodwill and reconciliation”?
63. They are those whom God knows what is in their hearts. So ignore them, and admonish them, and say to them concerning themselves penetrating words.
64. We did not send any messenger except to be obeyed by God’s leave. Had they, when they wronged themselves, come to you, and prayed for God’s forgiveness, and the Messenger had prayed for their forgiveness, they would have found God Relenting and Merciful.
65. But no, by your Lord, they will not believe until they call you to arbitrate in their disputes, and then find within themselves no resentment regarding your decisions, and submit themselves completely.
66. Had We decreed for them: “Kill yourselves,” or “Leave your homes,” they would not have done it, except for a few of them. But had they done what they were instructed to do, it would have been better for them, and a firmer confirmation.
67. And We would have given them from Our presence a rich compensation.
68. And We would have guided them on a straight path.
69. Whoever obeys God and the Messenger-these are with those whom God has blessed-among the prophets, and the sincere, and the martyrs, and the upright. Excellent are those as companions.
70. That is the grace from God. God suffices as Knower.
Muhammad is being shown that the ones who have been mislead by Satan continue to not follow God’s messages. If God had decided to test them, they would have not shown firm faith. God knows their hearts and knows that they have turned to Satan instead.
We believers are to ignore, or warn them and teach when we can, but to not follow their path.
When you are a follower of God, your companions are those who make the greatest of friends with righteous qualities.