10. As for those who disbelieve and reject Our revelations-these are the inmates of Hell.
11. O you who believe! Remember God’s blessings upon you; when certain people intended to extend their hands against you, and He restrained their hands from you. So reverence God, and in God let the believers put their trust.
12. God received a pledge from the Children of Israel, and We raised among them twelve chiefs. God said, “I am with you; if you perform the prayer, and pay the alms, and believe in My messengers and support them, and lend God a loan of righteousness; I will remit your sins, and admit you into Gardens beneath which rivers flow. But whoever among you disbelieves afterwards has strayed from the right way.”
13. Because of their breaking their pledge, We cursed them, and made their hearts hard. They twist the words out of their context, and they disregarded some of what they were reminded of. You will always witness deceit from them, except for a few of them. But pardon them, and overlook. God loves the doers of good.
14. And from those who say, “We are Christians,” We received their pledge, but they neglected some of what they were reminded of. So We provoked enmity and hatred among them until the Day of Resurrection; God will then inform them of what they used to craft.
15. O People of the Book! Our Messenger has come to you, clarifying for you much of what you kept hidden of the Book, and overlooking much. A light from God has come to you, and a clear Book.
16. God guides with it whoever follows His approval to the ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness into light, by His permission, and He guides them in a straight path.
17. They disbelieve those who say, “God is the Christ, the son of Mary.” Say, “Who can prevent God, if He willed, from annihilating the Christ son of Mary, and his mother, and everyone on earth?” To God belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and what is between them. He creates whatever He wills, and God has power over everything.
18. The Jews and the Christians say, “We are the children of God, and His beloved.” Say, “Why then does He punish you for your sins?” In fact, you are humans from among those He created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. To God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and what lies between them, and to Him is the return.
19. O People of the Book! Our Messenger has come to you, making things clear to you-after a cessation of messengers-so that you cannot say, “No preacher has come to us, and no warner.” In fact, a preacher has come to you, and a warner; and God is Capable of everything.
20. When Moses said to his people, “O my people, remember God’s blessings upon you, when He placed prophets among you, and made you kings, and gave you what He never gave any other people.”
The messages to Muhammad are becoming increasingly clearer that religion has taken a great turn for the worst when men decided to apply their own egos and desires to God. The Jewish leaders made a pledge that they would follow God and instead have followed their own ideas they made about religion. Muhammad is to speak to them personally and warn them about what they have done, and to get back to the original Torah’s teachings, which is now the Quran.
Since these Jewish leaders started to disbelieve Moses and strayed from the path, they became lost and became isolated from God, in their own arrogance. Their hearts hardened, the more stubborn they became towards the true messages, and they had a hard time accepting the truth from God.They twisted the words to make them as the only chosen people for Heaven, when this is not true.
Some of the Christian priests have also strayed from God by taking Jesus as God and worshipping him and Mary as their own deities. So Muhammad is to warn them to not divide religion in this way so they can remain brothers and sisters with the other religions. Most branches of Christianity today is not pagan, but in the past, it was.
Here in the Quran, the Jews are corrected in their thinking that Heaven is only for them. And the Christians are corrected in their thinking that only the Christians will receive the Afterlife. It is for all good believers of God who do good in the world and not just for the Jews and the Christians.
Those who search for the truth of God will find it, and in this book brings the truth of our unity. Muhammad is the last warner of the people.