40. Do you not know that to God belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth? He punishes whom He wills, and He forgives whom He wills. And God is Capable of everything.
41. O Messenger! Do not let those who are quick to disbelief grieve you-from among those who say with their mouths, “We believe,” but their hearts do not believe; and from among the Jews-listeners to lies, listeners to other people who did not come to you. They distort words from their places, and they say, “If you are given this, accept it; but if you are not given it, beware.” Whomever God has willed to divert, you have nothing for him from God. Those are they whose hearts God does not intend to purify. For them is disgrace in this world, and for them is a great punishment in the Hereafter.
42. Listeners to falsehoods, eaters of illicit earnings. If they come to you, judge between them, or turn away from them. If you turn away from them, they will not harm you in the least. But if you judge, judge between them equitably. God loves the equitable.
43. But why do they come to you for judgment, when they have the Torah, in which is God’s Law? Yet they turn away after that. These are not believers.
44. We have revealed the Torah, wherein is guidance and light. The submissive prophets ruled the Jews according to it, so did the rabbis and the scholars, as they were required to protect God’s Book, and were witnesses to it. So do not fear people, but fear Me. And do not sell My revelations for a cheap price. Those who do not rule according to what God revealed are the unbelievers.
45. And We wrote for them in it: a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and an equal wound for a wound; but whoever forgoes it in charity, it will serve as atonement for him. Those who do not rule according to what God revealed are the evildoers.
46. In their footsteps, We sent Jesus son of Mary, fulfilling the Torah that preceded him; and We gave him the Gospel, wherein is guidance and light, and confirming the Torah that preceded him, and guidance and counsel for the righteous.
47. So let the people of the Gospel rule according to what God revealed in it. Those who do not rule according to what God revealed are the sinners.
48. And We revealed to you the Book, with truth, confirming the Scripture that preceded it, and superseding it. So judge between them according to what God revealed, and do not follow their desires if they differ from the truth that has come to you. For each of you We have assigned a law and a method. Had God willed, He could have made you a single nation, but He tests you through what He has given you. So compete in righteousness. To God is your return, all of you; then He will inform you of what you had disputed.
49. And judge between them according to what God revealed, and do not follow their desires. And beware of them, lest they lure you away from some of what God has revealed to you. But if they turn away, know that God intends to strike them with some of their sins. In fact, a great many people are corrupt.
50. Is it the laws of the time of ignorance that they desire? Who is better than God in judgment for people who are certain?
The messages continue for Muhammad to warn the people who alter religion with their mouths and say it is from God. The people who received the guidance from Moses, but then covered the teachings with their own, will receive a great punishment. All the lies and concealing of truth has caused such heartache to the people, and even deaths of messengers and prophets, such as Jesus who was mocked and ridiculed for his teachings.
Muhammad is being told to ignore the Pharisees’ teachings and to teach others to ignore their lies and not use their usury system established to eat up the people’s earnings. These people can not harm a person who is filled with the true faith in God. If judgement is to happen when lies become overrun in society, than a fair trial needs to take place to reveal the truth and to punish the liars.
The Jews were given the Torah, but some altered the words and laws of God creating the Talmud that caused the division in Judaism that you see today. Verses were sold to the highest bidder to benefit the ones who wanted to control others, and it created the half truths found inside the Talmud today. The original Torah had the same teachings that the Quran has in it. God is One, and ALL things belong to this God. Whoever does good on earth, regardless of skin color, or nation, will be joined in Heaven with other believers. This is the truth that was hidden in order to divide and conquer mankind. Religion was created as a Way to keep connected and spiritual in this material world, but it has become corrupted by those in charge who didn’t have the best of intentions. If you do not believe this verse, research about the rabbis who are fighting to get back to the Torah and discredit the Talmud as teachings from God.
Satan is an enemy of sincere unity and peace between humans. He wishes to show God that he is a better servant and creation than humans, so it is our destiny and our challenge to pass the temptations to fight and remain divided. When we unite in love and understanding, Satan and his followers have no power here.
Bob Marley was a man of understanding.