60. Say, “Shall I inform you of worse than that for retribution from God? He whom God has cursed, and with whom He became angry; and He turned some of them into apes, and swine, and idol worshipers. These are in a worse position, and further away from the right way.”
61. When they come to you, they say, “We believe,” though they have entered with disbelief, and they have departed with it. But God is well aware of what they hide.
62. You see many of them competing with one another in sin and hostility, and their consuming of what is illicit. What they have been doing is truly evil.
63. Why do the rabbis and the priests not prevent them from speaking sinfully and from consuming forbidden wealth? Evil is what they have been doing.
64. The Jews say, “God’s hand is tied.” It is their hands that are tied, and they are cursed for what they say. In fact, His hands are outstretched; He gives as He wills. Certainly, what was revealed to you from your Lord will increase many of them in defiance and blasphemy. And We placed between them enmity and hatred, until the Day of Resurrection. Whenever they kindle the fire of war, God extinguishes it. And they strive to spread corruption on earth. God does not love the corrupters.
65. Had the People of the Scripture believed and been righteous, We would have remitted their sins, and admitted them into the Gardens of Bliss.
66. Had they observed the Torah, and the Gospel, and what was revealed to them from their Lord, they would have consumed amply from above them, and from beneath their feet. Among them is a moderate community, but evil is what many of them are doing.
67. O Messenger, convey what was revealed to you from your Lord. But if you do not, then you would not have delivered His message. And God will protect you from the people. God does not guide the disbelieving people.
68. Say, “O People of the Scripture! You have no basis until you uphold the Torah, and the Gospel, and what is revealed to you from your Lord.” But what is revealed to you from your Lord will increase many of them in rebellion and disbelief, so do not be sorry for the disbelieving people.
69. Those who believe, and the Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians-whoever believes in God and the Last Day, and does what is right-they have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve.
70. We made a covenant with the Children of Israel, and We sent to them messengers. Whenever a messenger came to them with what their souls did not desire, some of them they accused of lying, and others they put to death.
Muhammad is told by Gabriel that there will be some who come to him and say they believe in the messages, but they really don’t. They follow their old ways that have been wrong in their teachings. There is an evil system of networking of politics and religion that is being revealed. The people are hurting, but the priests and rabbis say that God can not do anything for them. When really it is a projection of their selfishness to not help those less fortunate.
Muhammad is being prepared to not only warn his own people of Arabia, but to warn the Christians and the Jews that have been involved in wrongful practices. Had they stayed with the original Torah and Gospel instead of adding their own influences, then they would not have lost their way.
God is letting Muhammad know through Gabriel that if he goes out into the world to teach others about this truth, he will remain protected. God will not give victory to the evil schemers.
Now we can understand how Islam spread so far and wide, and is the second largest religion on earth today. Early Judaism must have been what Islam looked like, but it has been altered to exclude others based on genetics and DNA. The good rabbis of today are welcoming of those not born as Jews, and interested in converting to the original religion of Abraham. Moses’s teachings were for all of mankind, just as Jesus’s was. Now Muhammad will spread the message once again that got lost in translation and distorted through the ages.
Artist’s rendition of Abraham being stopped before his son’s sacrifice, by an Angel of God.