70. We made a covenant with the Children of Israel, and We sent to them messengers. Whenever a messenger came to them with what their souls did not desire, some of them they accused of lying, and others they put to death.
71. They assumed there would be no punishment, so they turned blind and deaf. Then God redeemed them, but then again many of them turned blind and deaf. But God is Seeing of what they do.
72. They disbelieve those who say, “God is the Messiah the son of Mary.” But the Messiah himself said, “O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever associates others with God, God has forbidden him Paradise, and his dwelling is the Fire. The wrongdoers have no saviors.”
73. They disbelieve those who say, “God is the third of three.” But there is no deity except the One God. If they do not refrain from what they say, a painful torment will befall those among them who disbelieve.
74. Will they not repent to God and ask His forgiveness? God is Forgiving and Merciful.
75. The Messiah son of Mary was only a messenger, before whom other Messengers had passed away, and his mother was a woman of truth. They both used to eat food. Note how We make clear the revelations to them; then note how deluded they are.
76. Say, “Do you worship, besides God, what has no power to harm or benefit you?” But God: He is the Hearer, the Knower.
77. Say, “O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion beyond the truth; and do not follow the opinions of people who went astray before, and misled many, and themselves strayed off the balanced way.”
78. Cursed were those who disbelieved from among the Children of Israel by the tongue of David and Jesus son of Mary. That is because they rebelled and used to transgress.
79. They used not to prevent one another from the wrongs they used to commit. Evil is what they used to do.
80. You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve. Terrible is what their souls prompts them to do. The wrath of God fell upon them, and in the torment they will remain.
Muhammad is now getting into the deeper truths that will be hard for many people to hear at this time. Even though the Israelites were freed by God, many disobeyed the original teachings of Moses and the Torah. They transgressed in ways that you can discover if you research about Talmudic Jews and their practices. I do not wish to get into this in my blog in detail, but the truth is out there for those who seek.
Catholics divided Jesus’s religion into branches that worshipped Mary, The Holy Ghost, Jesus, and Father God as separate beings like the Romans and Greeks used to. Many smart and aware Christians can see past the trinity teachings today to see God as ONE single Creator, and they pray to God as a direct connection. But in the past, these verses allude to the idea that paganism was deeply rooted in early Christianity after Jesus left the earth.
Many of the leaders of religion made connections with those who didn’t believe in anything, and were regarded as atheists, and this further corrupted religion. There has been a war between science and religion for eons. The Quran is a book that alludes to the science of God, and helps restore the balance of science and religion. I have always believed in a God that created us to evolve and the Quran expresses this is how God works.
It was time for a new messenger to challenge these harmful ideas of religion in order to get humanity back on the right path towards spiritual wholeness. This Way of life was called Islam and Muhammad was the next messenger and prophet given to us as a Mercy and a guide.