100. Anyone who emigrates for the sake of God will find on earth many places of refuge, and plentitude. Anyone who leaves his home, emigrating to God and His Messenger, and then is overtaken by death, his compensation falls on God. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
101. When you travel in the land, there is no blame on you for shortening the prayers, if you fear that the disbelievers may harm you. The disbelievers are your manifest enemies.
102. When you are among them, and you stand to lead them in prayer, let a group of them stand with you, and let them hold their weapons. Then, when they have done their prostrations, let them withdraw to the rear, and let another group, that have not prayed yet, come forward and pray with you; and let them take their precautions and their weapons. Those who disbelieve would like you to neglect your weapons and your equipment, so they can attack you in a single assault. You commit no error, if you are hampered by rain or are sick, by putting down your weapons; but take precautions. Indeed, God has prepared for the disbelievers a demeaning punishment.
103. When you have completed the prayer, remember God, standing, or sitting, or on your sides. And when you feel secure, perform the prayer. The prayer is obligatory for believers at specific times.
104. And do not falter in the pursuit of the enemy. If you are aching, they are aching as you are aching, but you expect from God what they cannot expect. God is Knowledgeable and Wise.
105. We have revealed to you the Scripture, with the truth, so that you judge between people in accordance with what God has shown you. And do not be an advocate for the traitors.
106. And ask God for forgiveness. God is Forgiver and Merciful.
107. And do not argue on behalf of those who deceive themselves. God does not love the deceitful sinner.
108. They hide from the people, but they cannot hide from God. He is with them, as they plot by night with words He does not approve. God comprehends what they do.
109. There you are, arguing on their behalf in the present life, but who will argue with God on their behalf on the Day of Resurrection? Or who will be their representative?
110. Whoever commits evil, or wrongs his soul, then implores God for forgiveness, will find God Forgiving and Merciful.
Gabriel is telling Muhammad about the importance of prayer during this difficult time of war. Muhammad is living in a time where the peaceful monotheists are being attacked on all sides. So they are told to be on guard while praying and to watch over each other while praying.
Prayer during wartime is important for these people because it keeps them spiritually connected and gives them hope. Five times a day prayer is required to keep someone fully connected to God mentally, when this world feels so isolated at times from God and His Angels.
When you are on the side of God, no one can defeat you in spirit. When you die here, you will be very much alive and enjoy a hereafter in a way that the disbelievers will not be able to, simply because they didn’t believe.