130. And if they separate, God will enrich each from His abundance. God is Bounteous and Wise.
131. To God belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. We have instructed those who were given the Book before you, and you, to be conscious of God. But if you refuse-to God belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. God is in no need, Praiseworthy.
132. To God belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. God suffices as Manager.
133. If He wills, He can do away with you, O people, and bring others. God is Able to do that.
134. Whoever desires the reward of this world-with God is the reward of this world and the next. God is All-Hearing, All-Seeing.
135. O you who believe! Stand firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even if against yourselves, or your parents, or your relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, God takes care of both. So do not follow your desires, lest you swerve. If you deviate, or turn away-then God is Aware of what you do.
136. O you who believe! Believe in God and His messenger, and the Book He sent down to His messenger, and the Book He sent down before. Whoever rejects God, His angels, His Books, His messengers, and the Last Day, has strayed far in error.
137. Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe, then disbelieve, then increase in disbelief, God will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to a way.
138. Inform the hypocrites that they will have a painful punishment.
139. Those who ally themselves with the disbelievers instead of the believers. Do they seek glory in them? All glory belongs to God.
140. He has revealed to you in the Book that when you hear God’s revelations being rejected, or ridiculed, do not sit with them until they engage in some other subject. Otherwise, you would be like them. God will gather the hypocrites and the disbelievers, into Hell, altogether.
Here Gabriel is telling Muhammad that he and his people are of course not the first people to receive these messages. They have been given to people before, and some have chosen to accept them and others not. But Muhammad is supposed to warn the people that those who have not accepted these messages as from God, are no longer on earth. Their civilizations have become ruins and they have ceased to exist any longer. Probably because they did not follow the advice from God, it wasn’t the anger..it was the human error that lead them to not survive any longer. In order for Muhammad and his people to keep on living and enjoying this earth, these messages must be followed so that good can remain in balance.
Everything belongs to God, as the Manager of the universe. All things good come from God, and evil things come from mankind following Satan, and not God. Rich and poor are equal under God and what separates people in death, is their deeds-not their wealth.
Anyone who believed, then disbelieved, and goes back and forth is proving to not have a strong faith and so they are easily mislead to let go of their original faith, and they will not be helped when the time comes for the truth to be revealed of what they used to deny. Anyone who is a hypocrite that says one thing, but then does another is not a righteous believer and will be punished dependent on what their hypocritical nature did to others.
Muhammad is being told that a believer should not sit with the disbelievers and talk to them, unless the subject is not spiritual and they can be friends with their religious differences. In today’s world, this is very true. An atheist and theist can be friends of course, but Gabriel is telling Muhammad to let the people know to not stay with people that ridicule and mock the words of God, or they could be easily mislead into having disbelief. So if the disbelievers start to mock your faith, then get up and go somewhere else until they stop. The advice is to ignore the disbelievers and not let their opinions of God and religion, dictate your own beliefs.
If everyone followed this advice, we would have world peace. Walk away if someone ridicules your beliefs until they see their own wrong, and decide to change the subject, if they really value your friendship. Do not stay anywhere were your feelings, and beliefs are not valued. Respect others in their own beliefs, and be steadfast in yours.