160. Due to wrongdoing on the part of the Jews, We forbade them good things that used to be lawful for them; and for deterring many from God’s path.
161. And for their taking usury, although they were forbidden it; and for their consuming people’s wealth dishonestly. We have prepared for the faithless among them a painful torment.
162. But those among them firmly rooted in knowledge, and the believers, believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you; and the observers of prayers, and the givers of charity, and the believers in God and the Last Day-upon these We will bestow an immense reward.
163. We have inspired you, as We had inspired Noah and the prophets after him. And We inspired Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the Patriarchs, and Jesus, and Job, and Jonah, and Aaron, and Solomon. And We gave David the Psalms.
164. Some messengers We have already told you about, while some messengers We have not told you about. And God spoke to Moses directly.
165. Messengers delivering good news, and bringing warnings; so that people may have no excuse before God after the coming of the messengers. God is Powerful and Wise.
166. But God bears witness to what He revealed to you. He revealed it with His knowledge. And the angels bear witness. Though God is a sufficient witness.
167. Those who disbelieve and repel from God’s path have gone far astray.
168. Those who disbelieve and transgress; God is not about to forgive them, nor will He guide them to any path.
169. Except to the path of Hell, where they will dwell forever. And that is easy for God.
170. O people! The Messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord, so believe-that is best for you. But if you disbelieve, to God belongs everything in the heavens and the earth. God is Omniscient and Wise.
Muhammad is being told more about what has happened in religion and how usury or interest based commerce has taken advantage of people. At one time Jesus flipped the tables of gold and profit that the Pharisees were counting collected from the people. Jesus wanted to show that the taking of money away from the poor was unjust and God was not happy with them.
Muhammad is now to do the same thing, since people still did not listen. He is to be a warner about usury and a supporter of charity and good deeds to those who are doing them. Gabriel is saying that the Angels are inspiring Muhammad just as they have inspired the prophets and messengers of the other times. It is the same message continuing in order to help get mankind back on track once again.
There is proof that the Quran does not reveal everything to Muhammad and it is not for him or for us to know. There have been messengers and prophets in other parts of the world not known to Muhammad, but they have been there born to be a catalyst for the other lands. India, East Asia, Africa, S. and N. America have all had messengers and prophets. Any spiritual message given to the people with good benefits for mankind and to help guide them to goodness, can be seen as coming from this ancient wisdom and knowledge. Europe and the Middle East was not the only ones to receive the guidance from God. It is extremely important to recognize this in regards to unity.
The Quran finally tells us what all good people of faith believe-we have always been guided towards our Highest Good by teachers, messengers, and prophets all over the world born for this very purpose.