80. You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve. Terrible is what their souls prompts them to do. The wrath of God fell upon them, and in the torment they will remain.
81. Had they believed in God and the Prophet, and in what was revealed to him, they would not have befriended them. But many of them are immoral.
82. You will find that the people most hostile towards the believers are the Jews and the polytheists. And you will find that the nearest in affection towards the believers are those who say, “We are Christians.” That is because among them are priests and monks, and they are not arrogant.
83. And when they hear what was revealed to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with tears, as they recognize the truth in it. They say, “Our Lord, we have believed, so count us among the witnesses.”
84. “And why should we not believe in God, and in the truth that has come to us, and hope that our Lord will include us among the righteous people?”
85. God will reward them for what they say-Gardens beneath which rivers flow, where they will stay forever. Such is the reward of the righteous.
86. But as for those who disbelieve and deny Our signs-these are the inmates of the Fire.
87. O you who believe! Do not prohibit the good things God has permitted for you, and do not commit aggression. God does not love the aggressors.
88. And eat of the lawful and good things God has provided for you; and be conscious of God, in Whom you are believers.
89. God does not hold you accountable for your unintended oaths, but He holds you accountable for your binding oaths. The atonement for it is by feeding ten needy people from the average of what you feed your families, or by clothing them, or by freeing a slave. Anyone who lacks the means shall fast for three days. That is the atonement for breaking your oaths when you have sworn them. So keep your oaths. Thus God makes clear His Revelations to you, that you may be grateful.
90. O you who believe! Intoxicants, gambling, idolatry, and divination are abominations of Satan’s doing. Avoid them, so that you may prosper.
91. Satan wants to provoke strife and hatred among you through intoxicants and gambling, and to prevent you from the remembrance of God, and from prayer. Will you not desist?
92. Obey God and obey the Messenger, and be cautious. If you turn away-know that the duty of Our Messenger is clear communication.
93. Those who believe and do righteous deeds will not be blamed for what they may have eaten, provided they obey, and believe, and do good deeds, then maintain piety and faith, then remain righteous and charitable. God loves the charitable.
94. O you who believe! God will test you with something of the game your hands and spears obtain, that God may know who fears Him at heart. Whoever commits aggression after that will have a painful punishment.
95. O you who believe! do not kill game while you are in pilgrim sanctity. Whoever of you kills any intentionally, its penalty shall be a domestic animal comparable to what he killed, as determined by two honest persons among you-an offering delivered to the Kaabah. Or he may atone by feeding the needy, or its equivalent in fasting, so that he may taste the consequences of his conduct. God forgives what is past. But whoever repeats, God will take revenge on him. God is Almighty, Avenger.
96. Permitted for you is the catch of sea, and its food-as sustenance for you and for travelers. But forbidden for you is the game of land while you are in pilgrim sanctity. And fear God, to Whom you will be gathered.
97. God has appointed the Kaabah, the Sacred House, a sanctuary for the people, and the Sacred Month, and the offerings, and the garlanded. That you may know that God knows everything in the heavens and the earth, and that God is Cognizant of all things.
98. Know that God is severe in retribution, and that God is Forgiving and Merciful.
99. The Messenger’s sole duty is to convey. God knows what you reveal and what you conceal.
100. Say: “The bad and the good are not equal, even though the abundance of the bad may impress you. So be conscious of God, O you who possess intelligence, that you may succeed.”
The fork in the road from believing Moses and following the Golden Calf worship is becoming increasingly apparent at this time when the truth is being unveiled. At this time in history, the Jewish elders have altered their religion so much causing the people to hate other believers in the same God, that differs from their faith. Of course not all Jews feel this way, but at this time, the majority of them did. Jews called non-Jews “gentiles” and made rules about them, regarding non-Jews lesser of worth.
Christians at this time are seen more kinder to the muslims and other non-Christians because of the monk monasteries and peaceful priesthoods some of them have followed. They are regarded as peace seekers who follow the word of God from Jesus and the Gospels. But those who look for discord and have divided religion among people are the disbelievers who will be punished.
Good people of any faith will receive the good news from the Lord with tears in their eyes, because the Quran is not only a warning, it is good news for those who are gentle, kind, justice seeking, and unity driven towards others different than them.
Fasting is done during pilgrimage, so if you hunt an animal, it must be atoned for the violence that ensued around this holy place of reflection. So follow the rules laid out for you to fast, or offer another farm animal to the needy and feed the hungry as retribution and to show God your repenting nature.
Gambling and drinking excessively all can lead you down the wrong path. Most people can not avoid the temptation to fight, become emotionally reactive, and to gamble all their money away-so it’s best to stay away from these things.
Intoxicants, gambling, worshiping idols, and seeking knowledge through conjuring spirits is against God. This tells us much about pre-Islam Arabia where these things have been part of culture for a long time. They are dangerous and can be used excessively to bring about ruin to people. When people unknowingly or knowingly call up spirits, they are in fact just opening doors to unseen energies that can plague them.
Being drunk may have a little benefits to be with friends and be social, but it also dulls the senses which when done excessively can cause problems in life and can make you forget your prayers and higher spiritual connections.
People who do good deeds, aren’t judged as much for the things they ate in the past unknowing of the wrongs, so God is Merciful and understands when food is scarce and eating the wrong kinds of animals is needed. It is always best to be a good person in the eyes of God.
Muhammad is a megaphone for God, and he is to tell the people that the wealth of the world do not make anyone unequal. Inequality of souls happens through deeds alone. God loves the fair, and the just people of earth regardless the size of their bank accounts.The rich have a heavier responsibility to give back to others in their riches. The poor have other trials to go through.
We each have our trials and struggles, but it is important to understand that all good believers across all faiths are united in good deeds.