50. Say, “I do not say to you that I possess the treasuries of God, nor do I know the future, nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I only follow what is inspired to me.” Say, “Are the blind and the seeing alike? Do you not think?”
51. And warn with it those who fear to be gathered before their Lord-they have no protector or intercessor apart from Him-perhaps they will grow in piety.
52. And do not drive away those who call upon their Lord, morning and evening, seeking His attention. You are not accountable for them in any way, nor are they accountable for you in any way. If you drive them away, you would be one of the unjust.
53. Thus We try some of them by means of others, that they may say, “Are these the ones whom God has favored from among us?” Is God not aware of the appreciative?
54. When those who believe in Our revelations come to you, say, “Peace be upon you, your Lord has prescribed mercy for Himself. Whoever among you does wrong out of ignorance, and then repents afterwards and reforms-He is Forgiving and Merciful.”
55. Thus We explain the revelations, and expose the path of the unrighteous.
56. Say, “I am forbidden from worshiping those you pray to besides God.” Say, “I will not follow your desires; else I would be lost and not be of those guided.”
57. Say, “I stand on clear evidence from my Lord, and you have rejected Him. I do not possess what you seek me to hasten; the decision belongs solely to God. He states the truth, and He is the Best of Judges.”
58. Say, “If I possessed what you seek me to hasten, the matter between you and me would have been settled. God is well aware of the unjust.”
59. With Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except He. And He knows everything on land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls but He knows it; and there is not a single grain in the darkness of earth, nor is there anything wet or dry, but is in a clear record.
60. It is He Who takes you by night, and He knows what you earn by day. Then He raises you up in it, until a fixed term is fulfilled. Then to Him is your return, then He will inform you of what you used to do.
Muhammad is being told what to say to the people that he is just a messenger. He is to gather those true believers together who will follow his words, much like the disciples of Jesus. He is also told by Gabriel to not drive away those who he may judge outwardly. Anyone who praises God and devotes service to Him by day and night is one of the righteous.
Whomever comes to Muhammad with a sincere heart and repents changing their old ways is shown the way by God. And Muhammad will know them by this.
Exposing the path of the unrighteous is by having Muhammad talk and teach people the word of God, and if they deny it or ignore it, than God knows.
Muhammad is to say to the people and teach his followers’ of these revelations, that he will submit himself to no one, but God. This is something that probably terrified those in charge. It is exactly why they plotted to get rid of Jesus, and why Muhammad will have enemies as well. When you bow to nobody except God, then the government, tyrannies and kingships that rule over people lose their control. The true Muslim, is a revolutionist who is ready to stand up against injustice and tyranny. That’s what Muhammad taught and what so many were afraid of.
Line 57 is where cryptically Muhammad is told to tell the people that he does not hold the power to hasten the End Times. This angel that came to Muhammad from God, knows that humans wish for the End to satisfy their curiosities. But this is not the role of Muhammad or any human messenger. It is to warn, teach, and preach the values needed in order to get back to God. When there is a messenger sent or born, there is a chance at having Mercy for mankind. A second chance to learn and test the souls of the humans. So Muhammad is told here to tell the people, they are being judged, and he does not know when the Final Judgment day will arrive. That decision belongs to God solely. Not even the angels know of God’s Plan. They simply do as they have been created, to do.
The last line, line 60 in this is telling Muhammad that God is such a force that no lie can escape from. Our Creator knows our deep subconscious thoughts that display who we are, our fears, and our desires found in our dreams at night. We are then reflected upon whether we can come back into our body and live yet again another day. Every day is a blessing and should be treated as so. We then get to live here on earth learning, growing and enjoying life until the time we are called back to God, to be informed of the type of life we have once lived that determines where we next end up.