100. Yet they attributed to God partners-the sprites-although He created them. And they invented for Him sons and daughters, without any knowledge. Glory be to Him. He is exalted, beyond what they describe.
101. Originator of the heavens and the earth-how can He have a son when He never had a companion? He created all things, and He has knowledge of all things.
102. Such is God, your Lord. There is no god except He, the Creator of all things; so worship Him. He is responsible for everything.
103. No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Subtle, the Expert.
104. “Insights have come to you from your Lord. Whoever sees, it is to the benefit of his soul; and whoever remains blind, it is to its detriment. I am not a guardian over you.”
105. We thus diversify the revelations, lest they say, “You have studied,” and to clarify them for people who know.
106. Follow what was revealed to you from your Lord. There is no god but He. And turn away from the polytheists.
107. Had God willed, they would not have practiced idolatry. We did not appoint you as a guardian over them, and you are not a manager over them.
108. Do not insult those they call upon besides God, lest they insult God out of hostility and ignorance. We made attractive to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them of what they used to do.
109. They swear by God, with their most solemn oaths, that if a miracle were to come to them, they would believe in it. Say, “The miracles are only with God.” But how do you know? Even if it did come, they still would not believe.
110. And We turn away their hearts and their visions, as they refused to believe in it the first time, and We leave them blundering in their rebellion.
I looked up in the other translations of the Quran and that word “sprite” is “spirits” in other versions. The word “sprite” could carry meaning to people being elemental fairies, so the word most appropriate are spirits. God created all beings and and all spirits, and Muhammad is told to tell the people to worship the Creator, not the creations.
The next line is referring to the more ancient pagan ideas of Father God, with his son Jesus. Today branches of Christianity do not see God and Jesus, so divided to be considered pagan. But in the past, God was seen and taught more to the people that God was a Zeus figure and Jesus was his Apollo or “sun or son” god Son. Islam is trying to teach others that God is not a being that impregnates females. God decided for Mary to be the womb and be pregnant with Jesus, and she just was. It is a myth to say that God came down one night to impregnate Mary and create Jesus. This follows the ancient greek myths of Zeus who would come down from the heavens to impregnate mortal women.
Muhammad is told to tell the people that God is not a man God who has a wife, and a son. God is a force that is invisible, but is all around us and guides us. Islam really makes one think about the immensity and totality of God in a way people were forgetting. This undefinable nature of God would help others to accept each other more, because then ALL truths of God could be accepted as long as they came from a righteous place.
The lines in quotes is what the other messengers and what Muhammad will say and did say to the people. Muhammad is to tell them that these insights come from the One Lord of them all, and whatever they choose to do with the information does not affect him. He does not need to watch over others, that is not his duty. His duty was to teach and help spread the messages. That is all.
Gabriel is saying that these revelations include other faiths so that others may be able to discern between the lies and the truths of the religions at that time. If God decided to, people would have been guided to not worship idols and images of gods. But the people who come to God or are guided to Him have been guided for a reason. God knows what is in a person’s heart.
Muhammad is being taught that it is not necessary to mock or ridicule others who call on other gods except for God Himself, unless defense is needed. People will follow their desires and God will allow them to wander as far away from God as they choose until they will be informed of what they have done.
Some people will say that they will only believe in God if they can see a miracle and Muhammad will tell the people that miracles belong to God and it is not up to him nor anyone of when one will be shown. And people will not believe it in anyways because they remain blind in their disbelief and arrogance, unfortunately.