120. So abandon sin, outward and inward. Those who commit sins will be repaid for what they used to perpetrate.
121. And do not eat from that over which the Name of God was not pronounced, for it is abomination. The devils inspire their followers to argue with you; but if you obey them, you would be polytheists.
122. Is he who was dead, then We gave him life, and made for him a light by which he walks among the people, like he who is in total darkness, and cannot get out of it? Thus the doings of disbelievers are made to appear good to them.
123. And thus We set up in every city its leading wicked sinners, to conspire in it, but they conspire only against themselves, and they do not realize it.
124. When a sign comes to them, they say, “We will not believe unless we are given the like of what was given to God’s messengers.” God knows best where to place His message. Humiliation from God and severe torment will afflict the criminals for their scheming.
125. Whomever God desires to guide, He spreads open his heart to Islam; and whomever He desires to misguide, He makes his heart narrow, constricted, as though he were climbing up the sky. God thus lays defilement upon those who do not believe.
126. This is the straight path of your Lord. We have explained the revelations in detail for people who recollect.
127. For them is the Home of Peace with their Lord, and He is their Master-because of what they used to do.
128. On the Day when He gathers them all together: “O assembly of jinn, you have exploited multitudes of humans.” Their adherents among mankind will say, “Our Lord, we have profited from one another, but we have reached the term that you have assigned for us.” He will say, “The Fire is your dwelling, wherein you will remain, except as God wills. Your Lord is Wise and Informed.
129. Thus We make some of the wrongdoers befriend one another, because of what they used to do.
130. “O assembly of jinn and humans, did there not come to you messengers from among you, relating to you My revelations, and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?” They will say, “We testify against ourselves.” The life of the world seduced them. They will testify against themselves that they were disbelievers.
Gabriel is telling Muhammad that the polytheists in Mecca don’t want to give up their lifestyles and they scheme against Muhammad which is why they are called “devils”, but God sees their plans. They are not as strong nor as blessed as the believers who are awake and aware, versus men who stumble around in the dark of disbelief and isolation. Probably simply because when you are open to God, the conduits open and you are able to do more things connected to the flow of the universe that God created.
In line 122, here again is the idea that God allows the sinners to conspire in their cities against the prophets of God and his followers, only to see how far they wander. But the prophets and believers are protected and favored. The evil schemers can not hurt them.
Gabriel explains to Muhammad that the Mecca leaders are envious that this wisdom and knowledge comes to Muhammad only filling him with spiritual strength. But God knows who to make a messenger and who not to. Just the very idea that they would be upset and envious of Muhammad for his role is why God did not choose them in the first place to spread the message. This is how I know in my heart, Muhammad was a good man. I have faith in all of God’s decisions to guide mankind and this why my heart opened up to Islam a few years ago.
In the End all mankind and jinns will be gathered together to show what has been done by each. Jinns are not humans. They are created beings made out of fire, that live in another dimension or possibly on this one, but we do know they can influence our world. There are good and bad jinns depending on their personal choices as well. God does not create evil beings called “demons” in Christianity. God creates beings of all shapes, sizes, and elements, and allows them to decide the path they want to take. So here in this verse, the jinns that decided to negatively influence humans to follow the path of Satan will be brought together with their human followers.
Gabriel is giving Muhammad a glimpse into the future when jinns and the evil humans that worked together will be judged by God. Since they chose to work together in partnership to create chaos and destruction on this planet, then they will reap what they sow in the hereafter. This can be the humans who worship the devil or other negative deities and energies thinking they will be promised gold, wealth, and spiritual and earthly power for it.
Right here Muhammad is receiving a warning that is not just for today, but is for all of mankind throughout every era, to stay away from these negative energies that hold false promises. They will only lead you astray.
Don’t be deceived.