30. Some He has guided, and some have deserved misguidance. They have adopted the devils for patrons rather than God, and they assume that they are guided.
31. O Children of Adam! Dress properly at every place of worship, and eat and drink, but do not be excessive. He does not love the excessive.
32. Say, “Who forbade God’s finery which He has produced for His servants, and the delights of livelihood?” Say, “They are for those who believe, in this present world, but exclusively theirs on the Day of Resurrection.” We thus detail the revelations for people who know.
33. Say, “My Lord has forbidden immoralities-both open and secret-and sin, and unjustified aggression, and that you associate with God anything for which He revealed no sanction, and that you say about God what you do not know.”
34. For every nation is an appointed time. When their time has come, they cannot delay it by one hour, nor can they advance it.
35. O Children of Adam! When messengers from among you come to you, relating to you My revelations-whoever practices piety and reforms-upon them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
36. But as for those who reject Our revelations, and are too proud to accept them-these are the inmates of the Fire, where they will remain forever.
37. Who does greater wrong than he who invents lies about God, or denies His revelations? These-their share of the decree will reach them. Until, when Our envoys come to them, to take their souls away, they will say, “Where are they whom you used to pray to besides God?” They will say, “They have abandoned us,” and they will testify against themselves that they were faithless.
38. He will say, “Join the crowds of jinn and humans who have gone into the Fire before you.” Every time a crowd enters, it will curse its sister-crowd. Until, when they are all in it, the last of them will say to the first of them, “Our Lord, these are the ones who misled us, so inflict on them a double punishment in the Fire.” He will say, “Each will have a double, but you do not know.”
39. The first of them will say to the last of them, “You have no advantage over us, so taste the torment for what you used to earn.”
40. Those who reject Our revelations and are too arrogant to uphold them-the doors of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise, until the camel passes through the eye of the needle. Thus We repay the guilty.
Gabriel is saying to Muhammad that it is needed to dress appropriately, drink in moderation and eat in moderation. The earth has been made a thing to enjoy, but we are always encouraged to do everything in moderation. Since earth is a school, the lesson we need to learn is BALANCE.
A wonderful glance at Heaven or the after life is the idea that all these pleasures on earth-good food and drinking, is a gift to those who are devoted believers, and after the Resurrection, in the after life they will be the only ones to be able to enjoy them. This is because according to the Quran (later surahs) heaven is the next level of earthly living, but in total bliss and harmony. Heaven is a place for those who have a vision of a peaceful world, but are not able to get it here. In the after life they finally will be completely at peace.
Muhammad is to “say” to the people to avoid temptations of doing anything immoral. Even in private, God and His angels discover things that a person does that wrongs their soul. Such as beating others at home, stealing and never being found out, raping and victims never telling, twisting the words of God. These are all secret things that maybe earth’s judicial system can’t see, but God does.
Be warned abusive parents and spouses today..you may think you can get away with your violence on another, but God can see through the 4th wall.
Line 34, every nation there has come a time for a warning and messenger when people were in danger of transgressing too far. And now is the time for Arabia and especially Mecca. Anyone who invents lies about God, or refuses to except the words from Muhammad will be inmates of Hell, and follow Satan into it.
Any deities the people used to pray to will not be there on the day that the truth is revealed. There is no rain god, or war god. No son of God, like Apollo is to Zeus. Only One Creator everyone will have to answer to in the end. The arrogant will not receive help in the end cause they did not accept God’s help while alive on earth.
Jinns and humans will each go into Hell, and the next generation of people who have not learned from the evil of their actions and what to do, will experience even more punishment because they have heard or seen the evil the first generation of evil have caused on earth and continued down that path. There is no mercy for those people who had the teachings, but just chose not to learn. The way I see it, is Muhammad is told to tell this to Mecca leaders to let them know that in Hell right now, there are ancient civilizations of pagans that no longer exist. Right now the Mecca leaders are in danger of receiving even more punishment than the first group because they voluntarily chose paganism over God’s words and now is the time to change.
What is even more isolating and terrifying is this image that Hell will contain the first group of people who are evil and ignored God’s warnings and become the punishers in a way or at least support the punishment by telling them now they get a chance to taste the fires of Hell, as they did and are. Almost like there will be a “welcoming group” in Hell for the new souls, but this will not be a kind welcome. Of course, it is not a kind place, for the unkind on earth.
Anyone too arrogant and evil following in Satan’s footsteps, will not be able to pass through Heaven’s Gate. It will seem impossible to them just as much as a camel passing through the eye of an needle would be, just as it says in the Bible.
Mark 10:25 “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”