50. The inmates of the Fire will call on the inhabitants of the Garden, “Pour some water over us, or some of what God has provided for you.” They will say, “God has forbidden them for the disbelievers.”
51. Those who took their religion lightly, and in jest, and whom the worldly life deceived. Today We will ignore them, as they ignored the meeting on this Day of theirs, and they used to deny Our revelations.
52. We have given them a Scripture, which We detailed with knowledge-guidance and mercy for people who believe.
53. Are they waiting for anything but its fulfillment? The Day its fulfillment comes true, those who disregarded it before will say, “The messengers of our Lord did come with the truth. Have we any intercessors to intercede for us? Or, could we be sent back, to behave differently from the way we behaved before?” They ruined their souls, and what they used to invent has failed them.
54. Your Lord is God; He who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then established Himself on the Throne. The night overtakes the day, as it pursues it persistently; and the sun, and the moon, and the stars are subservient by His command. His is the creation, and His is the command. Blessed is God, Lord of all beings.
55. Call upon your Lord humbly and privately. He does not love the aggressors.
56. And do not corrupt on earth after its reformation, and pray to Him with fear and hope. God’s mercy is close to the doers of good.
57. It is He who sends the wind ahead of His mercy. Then, when they have gathered up heavy clouds, We drive them to a dead land, where We make water come down, and with it We bring out all kinds of fruits. Thus We bring out the dead-perhaps you will reflect.
58. As for the good land, it yields its produce by the leave of its Lord. But as for the bad, it produces nothing but hardship and misery. Thus We explain the revelations in various ways for people who are thankful.
59. We sent Noah to his people. He said, “O my people! Worship God; you have no god other than Him. I fear for you the punishment of a tremendous Day.”
60. The dignitaries among his people said, “We see that you are in obvious error.”
Muhammad is still being given a terrible glimpse of what is to happen in the future to those who do not follow the guidance found in these revelations and in the original Gospel, and Torah given to Moses. When the inmates of Hell call to the people in Heaven above them, they will ask for water, AND other provisions that God has given the believers. But by that time it will be too late for them.
The ones who ignored God, mocked the messengers and took the afterlife in jest are the ones who will get the consequences of being ignored by God. I have always felt that God will not be a direct punisher of those in Hell, but it will be a place of isolation and neglect from God. The way I have heard it and it’s a beautiful expression, is that the ones furthest from God’s light will be in a void or vacuum from any of God’s Love only cause they pushed it away when alive.
Gabriel is telling Muhammad that God created everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th. This is the same as been told by the other messengers and if you are an evolutionist like me, you may be able to see that time is relative to God. 6 days to God, could be millions of years to humans who live a speck of the infinity, that God does. I have always believed in a God that creates us to evolve.
Muhammad is told that just by the idea of land being able to have water rained down on them to help the crops and grow food, is a Sign from this guiding force that creates life. Muhammad is told to tell the pagans, this is from One God, and they are better guided to practice worship to this One God.
Noah was a man who was a chosen messenger of God, trying to bring truth to his people he lived with. But they sadly did not listen and called Noah in obvious error.