190. But when He has given them a good child, they attribute partners to Him in what He has given them. God is exalted above what they associate.
191. Do they idolize those who create nothing, and are themselves created?
192. And can neither help them, nor help their own selves?
193. And if you invite them to guidance, they will not follow you. It is the same for you, whether you invite them, or remain silent.
194. Those you call upon besides God are servants like you. So call upon them, and let them answer you, if you are truthful.
195. Do they have feet with which they walk? Or do they have hands with which they strike? Or do they have eyes with which they see? Or do they have ears with which they hear? Say, “Call upon your partners, then plot against me, and do not wait.”
196. “My Master is God, He Who sent down the Book, and He takes care of the righteous.”
197. Those you call upon besides Him cannot help you, nor can they help themselves.
198. And if you call them to guidance, they will not hear. And you see them looking at you, yet they do not see.
199. Be tolerant, and command decency, and avoid the ignorant.
200. And when a suggestion from Satan assails you, take refuge with God. He is Hearing and Knowing.
Muhammad is told that the idols that have been worshipped in the past by people have been no help to them. Idols are carved rock or statues that look like certain deities the pagan civilizations used to worship. Muhammad must talk to the people in a Socratic way and ask people the questions to get them to think deeper about God. The main point is for them to see that idols or statues do not talk, walk, or have the power to create. God is invisible, but everywhere and can not be found inside a statue.
The main reason God did not want idols or images of gods is because God is always trying to guide us towards the truth. The idea that a creator could be locked inside of a monkey god, is false and attention needs to be directed always to learning the truth of God.
Line 200 is where Muhammad is told to tell the people that whenever Satan tries to tempt them into following the wrong thing, to call on God and He will hear them and guide them if they are sincere in their needs. Always remember to be kind, descent and try to avoid or ignore the ignorant people that God will judge in the end. Don’t let them drag you down to their lower consciousness. In the end, it isn’t worth it.
Ancient Sumerian statues worshipped as gods