In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the Verses of the Wise Book.
2. Is it a wonder to the people that We inspired a man from among them: “Warn mankind, and give good news to those who believe that they are on a sound footing with their Lord”? The disbelievers said, “This is a manifest sorcerer.”
3. Your Lord is God, who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then settled over the Throne, governing all things. There is no intercessor except after His permission. Such is God, your Lord-so serve Him. Will you not reflect?
4. To Him is your return, altogether. The promise of God is true. He originates creation, and then He repeats it, to reward those who believe and do good deeds with equity. As for those who disbelieve, for them is a drink of boiling water, and agonizing torment, on account of their disbelief.
5. It is He who made the sun radiant, and the moon a light, and determined phases for it-that you may know the number of years and the calculation. God did not create all this except with truth. He details the revelations for a people who know.
6. In the alternation of night and day, and in what God created in the heavens and the earth, are signs for people who are aware.
7. Those who do not hope to meet Us, and are content with the worldly life, and are at ease in it, and those who pay no heed to Our signs.
8. These-their dwelling is the Fire-on account of what they used to do.
9. As for those who believe and do good deeds, their Lord guides them in their faith. Rivers will flow beneath them in the Gardens of Bliss.
10. Their call therein is, “Glory be to You, our God.” And their greeting therein is, “Peace.” And the last of their call is, “Praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.”
Gabriel is opening up new communication with Muhammad in the cave and is telling Muhammad times when other messengers were given the same messages and warnings to the people.
The people disbelieved and called the messengers “magicians” or “sorcerers”. But they were far from the truth. The messengers were not wielding magic. Lord of the Worlds can do all things, and has created the universe in 6 days and the 7th day settled to rest and govern.
He creates and recreates, and all things are gathered onto to Him at an appointed time. Some will be punished for what they have done, and some will receive the good things back of what they did. The sun and celestial bodies are not for worship and they are only used as a measurement of time.
Those that do not wish to meet God and the Angels, or strive for the afterlife as well as this one, will not see God. They will remain in disbelief to feel the punishment of not accepting God into their hearts and minds. The boiling water metaphor to me shows that a person without belief when Signs are all around them will only hurt themselves in the end.
Those who believe in God and the afterlife, will experience a soothing place for their souls. Gardens of Bliss creates a beautiful image to people and seems to be the best way to describe what will be experienced in this state of heaven. They will be welcomed into the Gardens to have peace eternally.
The Big Bang in 7 steps.