100. No soul can believe except by God’s leave; and He lays disgrace upon those who refuse to understand.
101. Say, “Look at what is in the heavens and the earth.” But signs and warnings are of no avail for people who do not believe.
102. Do they expect anything but the likes of the days of those who passed away before them? Say, “Then wait, I will be waiting with you.”
103. Then We save Our messengers and those who believe. It is binding on Us to save the believers.
104. Say, “O people, if you are in doubt about my religion-I do not serve those you serve apart from God. But I serve God, the one who will terminate your lives. And I was commanded to be of the believers.”
105. And dedicate yourself to the true religion-a monotheist-and never be of the polytheists.
106. And do not call, apart from God, on what neither benefits you nor harms you. If you do, you are then one of the wrongdoers.
107. If God afflicts you with harm, none can remove it except He. And if He wants good for you, none can repel His grace. He makes it reach whomever He wills of His servants. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.
108. Say, “O people, the truth has come to you from your Lord. Whoever accepts guidance is guided for his own soul; and whoever strays only strays to its detriment. I am not a guardian over you.”
109. And follow what is revealed to you, and be patient until God issues His judgment, for He is the Best of judges.
Muhammad is told to tell the people the same events that have happened in the past to people will happen now to his people. The believers and servants of God will be saved from the penalties of wrong doings just as they have been in the past.
Muhammad is to tell the people that only God can save them when they are in trouble and lost. They need to be patient for rewards and punishments of those who will receive them.
Muhammad is just a messenger and so in line 108, Gabriel is telling Muhammad to let the people know that they must ALL do the work themselves to seek paradise from the Lord of the World. Muhammad is not a substitute for their soul nor can he save them. This is a huge difference from the churches that put the priests in power to save people. This was wrongful teaching, and Islam is trying to correct this. Muhammad is not put in a position of power over people. He is only a guide to help others receive the same messages he was given.
Only God has the power of saving people, and this comes to those who are humble enough to ask for help and guidance from above.
Muhammad and the other older messengers like Jonah, only try to lead the way, it is up to the people if they follow.