80. And when the sorcerers came, Moses said to them, “Throw whatever you have to throw.”
81. And when they threw, Moses said, “What you produced is sorcery, and God will make it fail. God does not foster the efforts of the corrupt.”
82. “And God upholds the truth with His words, even though the sinners detest it.”
83. But none believed in Moses except some children of his people, for fear that Pharaoh and his chiefs would persecute them. Pharaoh was high and mighty in the land. He was a tyrant.
84. Moses said, “O my people, if you have believed in God, then put your trust in Him, if you have submitted.”
85. They said, “In God we have put our trust. Our Lord, do not make us victims of the oppressive people.”
86. “And deliver us, by Your mercy, from the disbelieving people.”
87. And We inspired Moses and his brother, “Settle your people in Egypt, and make your homes places of worship, and perform the prayer, and give good news to the believers.”
88. Moses said, “Our Lord, you have given Pharaoh and his chiefs splendor and wealth in the worldly life. Our Lord, for them to lead away from Your path. Our Lord, obliterate their wealth, and harden their hearts, they will not believe until they see the painful torment.”
89. He said, “Your prayer has been answered, so go straight, and do not follow the path of those who do not know.”
90. And We delivered the Children of Israel across the sea. Pharaoh and his troops pursued them, defiantly and aggressively. Until, when he was about to drown, he said, “I believe that there is no god except the One the Children of Israel believe in, and I am of those who submit.”
Gabriel is telling Muhammad that with the demonstration of God’s power, Moses was able to do much for others. He prayed for the people of Egypt to receive the warnings and signs from the Lord so that they may awaken and realize the truth. The Pharaoh refused and so the Ancient Egyptians eventually perished and became a new creation-one you see in Egypt today. Most Egyptians are muslims now who follow the religion of Islam, that Moses and the early Jews did.
Something so important for Jews to see in the Quran is how Moses was actually a muslim, and worshipping the SAME God as the ancient Hebrews they consider themselves bloodline to.
In line 90, finally the Pharaoh before he was about to drown realized his errors and saw that Moses and the Jews he enslaved all these years had been worshipping the true God that could have brought him to his own salvation and his people’s.