30. “O my people! Who will support me against God, if I dismiss them? Will you not give a thought?”
31. “I do not say to you that I possess the treasures of God, nor do I know the future, nor do I say that I am an angel. Nor do I say of those who are despicable in your eyes that God will never give them any good. God is Aware of what lies in their souls. If I did, I would be one of the wrongdoers.”
32. They said, “O Noah, you have argued with us, and argued a great deal. Now bring upon us what you threaten us with, if you are truthful.”
33. He said, “It is God who will bring it upon you, if He wills, and you will not be able to escape.”
34. “My advice will not benefit you, much as I may want to advise you, if God desires to confound you. He is your Lord, and to Him you will be returned.”
35. Or do they say, “He made it up?” Say, “If I made it up, upon me falls my crime, and I am innocent of the crimes you commit.”
36. And it was revealed to Noah: “None of your people will believe, except those who have already believed, so do not grieve over what they do.”
37. “And build the Ark, under Our eyes, and with Our inspiration, and do not address Me regarding those who did wrong; they are to be drowned.”
38. As he was building the ark, whenever some of his people passed by him, they ridiculed him. He said, “If you ridicule us, we will ridicule you, just as you ridicule.”
39. “You will surely know upon whom will come a torment that will abase him, and upon whom will fall a lasting torment.”
40. Until, when Our command came, and the volcano erupted, We said, “Board into it a pair of every kind, and your family-except those against whom the sentence has already been passed-and those who have believed.” But those who believed with him were only a few.
As you can see the lines with the quotations are what Noah said and so Gabriel is retelling exactly what happened in history, word for word. Noah asks the people to believe in and him and support his messages. Line 31, is really important cause it shows an innocence that can not made up. Noah says to the people that he does not hold any secret power, prophecy or way to know exactly what God is thinking. He is not an angel, he is only a messenger giving a warning about something that is about to happen in the close present time.
Noah also goes on to say that he can not even judge other people’s souls and only God can do this. God knows what is in our souls and what we desire to do with our time on earth. And he further goes on to say that if he did all of a sudden make judgments about certain people then he would be in the wrong and could then be judged by God.
Finally in line 26, the people of his nation decided to listen to Noah and hear what he had to say. But Noah can not tell them exactly when or how it will happen, but SOMETHING will be brought upon these people who act out immorally and have neglected their services to God.
Sadly at this point, all Noah can say is that his advice will not help them and only God can come into their hearts and change the outcome of what must happen. But the people said that he made it up and did not want to face their actions or the consequences. Noah said that if he made it all up he would be glad to take the punishment of lying to them, but he was innocent of this crime.
So God soothed Noah’s heart by letting him know that even though he did his duty to give a fair warning, the people will not listen and have already grown cold and faithless. Only the people who already had faith will believe and resonate with Noah’s words.
So God inspired Noah to build and Ark and not worry about the others, they will be drowned and the matter has been decided. Noah is not to plead for their life, it is already part of the Plan of God and Noah is to keep to his duty of building the Ark.
Many people passed Noah and ridiculed him for building such a big boat, but he was comforted to know that whatever they put towards him would come back to them when they learned that he was always telling the truth.
Line 40 is when Gabriel speaks in real time to Muhammad changing the tense of the words by saying that God commanded a volcano to erupt causing a change to the earth, but before this, Noah was to board every pair of animal and believer in his words he could find. But sadly there was only a few people who supported him and had faith.
Taken from the new film “Noah”, accurately shows how an underwater volcano could have started the flood.