100. These are of the reports of the towns-We relate them to you. Some are still standing, and some have withered away.
101. We did not wrong them, but they wronged themselves. Their gods, whom they invoked besides God, availed them nothing when the command of your Lord arrived. In fact, they added only to their ruin.
102. Such is the grip of your Lord when He seizes the towns in the midst of their sins. His grip is most painful, most severe.
103. In that is a sign for whoever fears the punishment of the Hereafter. That is a Day for which humanity will be gathered together-that is a Day to be witnessed.
104. We only postpone it until a predetermined time.
105. On the Day when it arrives, no soul will speak without His permission. Some will be miserable, and some will be happy.
106. As for those who are miserable, they will be in the Fire. They will have therein sighing and wailing.
107. Remaining therein for as long as the heavens and the earth endure, except as your Lord wills. Your Lord is Doer of whatever He wills.
108. And as for those who are happy, they will be in Paradise, remaining therein for as long as the heavens and the earth endure, except as your Lord wills-a reward without end.
109. So be not in doubt regarding what these people worship. They worship only as their ancestors worshiped before. We will pay them their due in full, without any reduction.
110. We gave Moses the Scripture, but it was disputed. Were it not for a prior word from your Lord, it would have been settled between them. They are in serious doubt concerning it.
You can tell in this text it is coming from an Angel of God that is used to destroy civilizations through natural disasters. Line 101, it says “we” did not wrong them, but they wronged themselves, and their gods could not save them from “your” Lord. So here we can distinctly see Gabriel is talking to Muhammad saying that “his” Lord is the one the Angels are under the command to destroy nations when they are commanded to.
Do not mess with the Angels of God, they are loving to the believers and punishers to the the people who follow the devil.
This verse is so deep…and is the example of richness the Quran carries. This is wisdom from an otherwordly or dimensional being telling Muhammad how the universe works on a spiritual level. When a physical part of the world is destroyed, those who are evil will remain in the agony of it until their prescribed time. They are dead, but they are in spiritual or energetic pain. I can only imagine this as much worse than physical.
Those that are kind and good, when the world ends or their lives are taken in these disasters, they do not suffer long and are put in a state of tranquility and bliss because their conscience is free.
The universe is a mysterious place and there are dimensions that we can not know nor see, but if you follow the universal values of goodness and love, you can’t experience these hellish states of mind.
The last line is about how Moses was given the scripture, but as we know some Hebrews did not follow it and made their own laws worshiping their old gods, like the Golden Calf, probably known as Moloch, an ancient Canaanite deity that some Hebrew never wanted to let go, so they doubted Moses and made up their own laws. Many did and followed Moses, and these are the brothers and sisters of the Muslims.
Some people have survived natural disasters in extraordinary ways and synchronicity of being in the right place, at the right time…maybe they are blessed?