110. We gave Moses the Scripture, but it was disputed. Were it not for a prior word from your Lord, it would have been settled between them. They are in serious doubt concerning it.
111. Your Lord will repay each one of them in full for their deeds. He is Aware of everything they do.
112. So be upright, as you are commanded, along with those who repented with you, and do not transgress. He is Seeing of everything you do.
113. And do not incline towards those who do wrong, or the Fire may touch you; and you will have no protectors besides God, and you will not be saved.
114. Perform the prayer at the borders of the day, and during the approaches of the night. The good deeds take away the bad deeds. This is a reminder for those who remember.
115. And be patient. God will not waste the reward of the virtuous.
116. If only there were, among the generations before you, people with wisdom, who spoke against corruption on earth-except for the few whom We saved. But the wrongdoers pursued the luxuries they were indulged in, and thus became guilty.
117. Your Lord would never destroy the towns wrongfully, while their inhabitants are righteous.
118. Had your Lord willed, He could have made humanity one community, but they continue to differ.
119. Except those on whom your Lord has mercy-for that reason He created them. The Word of your Lord is final: “I will fill Hell with jinn and humans, altogether.”
120. Everything We narrate to you of the history of the messengers is to strengthen your heart therewith. The truth has come to you in this, and a lesson, and a reminder for the believers.
121. And say to those who do not believe, “Act according to your ability; and so will we.”
122. “And wait; we too are waiting.”
123. To God belongs the future of the heavens and the earth, and to Him all authority goes back. So worship Him, and rely on Him. Your Lord is never unaware of what you do.
In these lines we can start to see the interconnection between God and the people He governs. If people are in doubt and CHOOSE to argue and bicker with a messenger of God, then they are left in that state. Your will is followed by God’s allowance in a way. The early Hebrews were in doubt by Moses teachings so some decided to create their own. So God left them to argue and bicker about what is the truth.
Karma is a very real idea that what these men do, God is not aware and their actions do catch up with them. If they lie and conceal the truth from the people, eventually it comes out and they are punished in this lifetime or another.
There is always a warning to not follow the footsteps of Satan and to do right on earth, or they will follow Satan into the Fire. A way to keep on this straight path is to be reminded of God’s messages by doing prayers at the start of the day, and at the end of the night to give thanks.Muslims can be very strict on prayer and so as you will see as we go through the Quran, it is not about the time or how many times, it is about the sincerity that you put into your prayers. Personally, I keep connected to God all day long, in my alone moments I smile and look up to the sky to remember His word and promises as the world seems to fall apart around me. I do what I can of course to try to help others, but having this faith allows me to understand and forgive myself for the things that are not in my control.
Line 116 is where Gabriel is telling Muhammad that if there were larger groups of people from his younger generation that spoke up against the evil, it would have been better for the world, but Muhammad is alone in this as many other messengers were in the world because most people are tempted by the luxuries and wealth of this world forgetting about the spiritual permanent state. If all the people became attuned to God, they would not have been destroyed the way that they were.
Line 118 is if God willed for humanity to be brought together, then He would have. But we are reminded a VERY important part of God’s characteristic…there is no force. So if the people chose to stay ignorant and argue with messengers, then they were left in that state. God does not move us around like pieces of chess, on a board. We are created and God does have a Plan, but we are always free to make the choice that lead us to the right path.
Line 119 is always interesting to me to see how jinns are not humanoid, because they are addressed separately. So humans who follow the devil, and jinns will be in Hell together in the end because they refuse to acknowledge the truth of God, so they will remain in the dark always or until an appointed time.
Line 120 is so very powerful,I want to place it word for word right here:
“Everything We narrate to you of the history of the messengers is to strengthen your heart therewith. The truth has come to you in this, and a lesson, and a reminder for the believers.”
Everything that God and the Angels have told Muhammad is to strengthen his heart and prepare him for the battle against the darkness that each chosen messenger has to endure. Everything is a either a lesson or a reminder for the believing people.
Muhammad is to tell the disbelievers to wait and see with the believers, who really is truthful and right.
An ancient Persian painting that depicts a rendition of Satan, and Muhammad and Gabriel observing the lost souls of jinns in Hell.