In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the signs of the Scripture. What is revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most people do not believe.
2. God is He who raised the heavens without pillars that you can see, and then settled on the Throne. And He regulated the sun and the moon, each running for a specified period. He manages all affairs, and He explains the signs, that you may be certain of the meeting with your Lord.
3. And it is He who spread the earth, and placed in it mountains and rivers. And He placed in it two kinds of every fruit. He causes the night to overlap the day. In that are signs for people who reflect.
4. On earth are adjacent terrains, and gardens of vines, and crops, and date-palms, from the same root or from distinct roots, irrigated with the same water. We make some taste better than others. In that are proofs for people who reason.
5. Should you wonder—the real wonder is their saying: “When we have become dust, will we be in a new creation?” Those are they who defied their Lord. Those are they who will have yokes around their necks. Those are the inhabitants of the Fire, where they will remain forever.
6. And they urge you to hasten evil before good, though examples have passed away before them. Your Lord is full of forgiveness towards the people for their wrongdoings, yet your Lord is severe in retribution.
7. Those who disbelieve say, “Why was a miracle not sent down to him from his Lord?” You are only a warner, and to every community is a guide.
8. God knows what every female bears, and every increase and decrease of the wombs. With Him, everything is by measure.
9. The Knower of the Invisible and the Visible; the Grand, the Supreme.
10. It is the same; whether one of you conceals his speech, or declares it; whether he goes into hiding by night, or goes out by day.
Gabriel’s words enters into the mind of Muhammad telling the prophet of the miracles of God and nature. The idea that God sits upon a physical throne is silly to me, and in here it even says that there are pillars that we can not see that raise the heaven above the earth. This is purely a hint to Muhammad that God is in a dimension unknown to humans governing the universe.
Some parts of the earth are beautiful, others are not. Some fruit and foods taste good, others do not. This diversity is important for a reason that only men of Understanding can fully grasp. Even so the purpose of this diversity is hard for them to fully understand. But I interpret this as a means to clue Muhammad into the nature of God and how everything is planned intrinsically. There is a reason behind everything and it leads to further events of deeper meaning.
Many materialist atheists have a very hard time believing that we can be physical now, and then dust and bones be brought back to life. Does this mean physically we are regenerated? Or is it more of a metaphysical meaning of rebirth? This is something I will not have the answers to until I die when all truth comes to surface. But here in these verses Gabriel is telling Muhammad that those who mock God’s warnings and glad tidings will not be reborn in a positive way, but will be brought into a harder life with a rope around their neck probably a symbol of their slavery to their narrow-mindedness that traps them forever, or as long as Allah wills by measuring what is in their hearts.
Line 7 is important to understand WHY Muhammad has never done a miracle such as Jesus or Moses did. Muhammad is the warner and holds a different purpose and duty. He is not one to create miracles through God for others to see.
God even knows what each woman bears in their womb in terms of pregnancy. Of course accidental loss can be attributed to the will of God, but if you decide to terminate a pregnancy just know that God knows what women carry and nothing can be concealed from God…nothing. This was possibly had to be told because of all the terrible killing of children that happened to an uneducated mass of people who didn’t understand children’s worth. The pagan Mecca buried their daughters in the sand, and sacrificed their children…many cultures did this. But in Islam, it is warned against completely. Allah sees ALL.