20. And that is not difficult for God.
21. They will emerge before God, altogether. The weak will say to those who were proud, “We were your followers, can you protect us at all against God’s punishment?” They will say, “Had God guided us, we would have guided you. It is the same for us; whether we mourn, or are patient; there is no asylum for us.”
22. And Satan will say, when the issue is settled, “God has promised you the promise of truth, and I promised you, but I failed you. I had no authority over you, except that I called you, and you answered me. So do not blame me, but blame yourselves. I cannot come to your aid, nor can you come to my aid. I reject your associating with me in the past. The wrongdoers will have a torment most painful.”
23. But those who believed and did good deeds will be admitted into gardens beneath which rivers flow, to remain therein forever, by leave of their Lord. Their greeting therein will be: “Peace.”
24. Do you not see how God presents a parable? A good word is like a good tree—its root is firm, and its branches are in the sky.
25. It yields its fruits every season by the will of its Lord. God presents the parables to the people, so that they may reflect.
26. And the parable of a bad word is that of a bad tree—it is uprooted from the ground; it has no stability.
27. God gives firmness to those who believe, with the firm word, in this life, and in the Hereafter. And God leads the wicked astray. God does whatever He wills.
28. Have you not seen those who exchanged the blessing of God with blasphemy, and landed their people into the house of perdition?
29. Hell—they will roast in it. What a miserable settlement.
30. And they set up rivals to God, in order to lead away from His path. Say, “Enjoy yourselves; your destination is the Fire.”
Gabriel is giving very intense and very important information to Muhammad so that he may save some people. This is why Muhammad is called the prophet, because he was infused with the vision to actually see the End of mankind. Here is an image of the rows upon rows of disbelievers, who when asked by the angels, why they didn’t believe, they point at others. They point their fingers to the leaders who lead them astray be they heads of atheist organizations, or anti religion protestors, or satanists who claim the Abrahamic religions to be false. There are too many groups of people these days who sit there and claim “there is no God”. Let’s put it this way. I would hate to be Richard Dawkins when the Angels come to face him and ask what he has been pushing others all his life.
Anyone who even put the idea of there is no God, no Hell, and no Heaven in the masses minds are included in the leaders who the sheep followers will blame. But here we see that even the following sheep will be punished. There is no substitution for their stupidity, they made the choice to follow the person with nothing but hate in their hearts for God and the Messengers, and now they will experience that hate back.
Line 22, a very prophetic line is when Satan will even denounce his followers and tell everyone they have been lead wrongly and they chose unwisely to follow him and his minions.
Those who believed, and saw the good in God will experience the Good in the Hereafter. It will be two different realities experienced by two groups of people and it has to do with the state of mind someone keeps themselves locked in. Locked in the state of love for God, you experience this love. Locked in the state of hate and alienation from God, you experience this. Once again, God does not do the work for you.
Line 24 is the key to all these religious texts and WHY they were placed here. God knew that humans learn best through stories that can relate to their lives. Gabriel is telling Muhammad that the reason God presents messages in parables is not because they are fairytales, it is because they seep in deeply into the subconsciousness of humans. I still remember the fairytales that taught me what is good and what is evil in the world. Those stories became my building blocks for the reality around me. I learned that if you are patient and true like Cinderella was through a tough upbringing, you will eventually find your own way out of misery into the dreams you always had.
These are the ways humans learn best. Through parables and myths and stories about human behaviors and the battle between good and evil. Gabriel is telling Muhammad this as a secret to share with others and to prove the usefulness of the parables given.
The parable of doing a good deed and saying good things to others, is it forms foundations that leads to greater enjoyment later. A bad word towards others does not have enough life to create growth and therefore it is uprooted and leads to nothing but lostness of the soul.
Line 28 is where Gabriel is telling Muhammad that those who lied about God and then taught their people the wrong things will be most in trouble, being given the responsibility and then misusing it to bring others to ruin spiritually. I believe Gabriel is giving Muhammad a warning to remember to never alter the messages given to him. Never before in another Holy Book is this commanded and it was probably about time the truth came out about how much religion has altered over the time before the Quran came to him.
Parables are more than just stories to entertain humans