In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. The command of God has come, so do not rush it. Glory be to Him; exalted above what they associate.
2. He sends down the angels with the Spirit by His command, upon whom He wills of His servants: “Give warning that there is no god but Me, and fear Me.”
3. He created the heavens and the earth with justice. He is exalted above the associations they attribute.
4. He created the human being from a drop of fluid, yet he becomes an open adversary.
5. And the livestock—He created them for you. In them are warmth and benefits for you, and of them you eat.
6. And there is beauty in them for you, when you bring them home, and when you drive them to pasture.
7. And they carry your loads to territory you could not have reached without great hardship. Your Lord is Clement and Merciful.
8. And the horses, and the mules, and the donkeys—for you to ride, and for luxury. And He creates what you do not know.
9. It is for God to point out the paths, but some of them are flawed. Had He willed, He could have guided you all.
10. It is He Who sends down for you from the sky water. From it is drink, and with it grows vegetation for grazing.
What important words this is for Muhammad to hear! How otherworldly of advice to give to him to teach him these wisdoms, but not to RUSH the people. In many churches, mosques, and other places of worship, the feeling of “rush” is apparent in some. As an empath, I feel this deeply and it is an overwhelming energy not connected to God at all, but is man made. God knows there is all the time in the world for the Divine Plans to unfold, and you know deep inside when you really take the time to stop and reflect on this nature of time.
So Muhammad is being told to not rush the people, and to allow doubt to linger, and to remain an outward example of one who worships ONE Creator, not many as the pagans in Mecca do at this point.
Line 4 is showing a bit of medical knowledge in what we know today. We know that humans come from sperm (drop of fluid) from the male. This sperm then meets an egg and that egg slowly develops in a thinking and breathing living being! And they say there is no God or intelligent designer who set the laws of Life to exist! That is just silly. And humans often in their doubt become an open adversary to God, and mock and insult those who have faith.
Look at the world we live in today!
And the livestock is there for benefit of mankind. I get the whole vegan/vegetarian movement, but something is not quite equal with farm animals. They should never be kept in cages or in a factory, that part of farming has become all wrong and is a mortal wound upon the farmer’s soul who is selling his farms to become factories. But cows, chickens, lambs, and other farm animals are not at the same level of emotional awareness as a dog or cat. A cow does not need you to play with them like a cat or a dog does. Please keep this in mind as the subject of food because unclear.
Animals have several purposes: to teach about natural beauty felt in the heart, to help sustain energy, and to teach humility and kindness in caring for another being seemingly more helpless. Some animals teach humans about danger even and to always be on their toes.
It is clear in the religious texts, including the Quran that there are some animals that have been created for the benefit of food and sustainability for larger (or more mentally complex) animals (us). It is the circle of Life. We should treat animals humanely and slaughter only in kosher/halal ways to alleviate pain and suffering and make a quick death, but not live in self denial of their obvious uses on the farms and in the old ways of transportation.
Line 9 is a bit more interesting. While I do not believe Allah is creating “booby trapped” roads, there is this idea of Free Will, and within Free Will are for people to choose different spiritual and emotional paths back to God.
Some paths lead you astray because they lead you towards earthly temptations and entrapment in the physical world (gambling, alcohol addiction, sexual addiction with sexual magick, drug addiction to reach outta body experiences, co-dependency, anger addiction). There are so many ways that a person can get easily lost in this world. BUT I have found people of ALL different types of religious nature and spiritual alignment will find the Straight Path if their endeavors are sincere.
This Straight Path is not a particular religion, it is a way of life to be described as “Islam” to the Arabs at this time. The Straight Path can be, but not limited to:
~love for the Divine and the Angels, and respect of their messages passed down to us
~connection to all beings and things, even if they are on a different level of awareness of God
~helpful nature, not hindering to others
~energized to use gifts or abilities to help in a positive way in the world
~a balance of both human enjoyments and spiritual ones in order to produce both gratitude and humility. The Ascetic way is NOT the Path.
~A path that is paved through seeking and wisdom, and educating oneself
~the equal treatment of all people on a spiritual level (a king is no better than a slave)
~unity focus or drive to help unite people together not divide them with malice in the heart
These are just a few examples of the ways one can walk the path back to God. Like I said, God will lead those astray will choose to lead themselves a stray, and will uncover the ground you walk on more clearly as you make that definite choice to walk the path of being a submitter to God-a muslim.