50. And that My punishment is the painful punishment.
51. And inform them of the guests of Abraham.
52. When they entered upon him, and said, “Peace.” He said, “We are wary of you.”
53. They said, “Do not fear; we bring you good news of a boy endowed with knowledge.”
54. He said, “Do you bring me good news, when old age has overtaken me? What good news do you bring?”
55. They said, “We bring you good news in truth, so do not despair.”
56. He said, “And who despairs of his Lord’s mercy but the lost?”
57. He said, “So what is your business, O envoys?”
58. They said, “We were sent to a sinful people.”
59. “Except for the family of Lot; we will save them all.”
60. “Except for his wife.” We have determined that she will be of those who lag behind.
This is the glimpse of the beginning of creation when Allah is telling Muhammad, through Gabriel about what happened in the beginning. Here at line 51, Muhammad is being told to tell his people of the Arab nation to know the story of Lot and how Angels were sent down to tell Abraham that he would have a son, even in the old age of his and his wife.
Abraham had a difficult time believing them, and asked the Angels what they were doing here on earth. The Angels of God tell Abraham that they were sent to destroy a civilization that have destroyed themselves because of their sinful nature. They plan on saving the family of Lot, except for his wife…who took part in the sinning and needed some form of retribution for her own actions.
The Angels are divine carriers and messengers of the truth and balance in the universe. They are here to help guide humanity, and help life grow and evolve with purity and fullest potential.
I do not fault them for destroying a whole nation of sinful people that allowed themselves to digress so much from the Good path. I understand how creation works in the universe and the flow of life and death, destruction and life. When one door closes, another one opens.
The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed so that future civilizations could exist and rise from the ashes.