60. Those who do not believe in the Hereafter set a bad example, while God sets the Highest Example. He is the Mighty, the Wise.
61. If God were to hold mankind for their injustices, He would not leave upon it a single creature, but He postpones them until an appointed time. Then, when their time arrives, they will not delay it by one hour, nor will they advance it.
62. And they attribute to God what they themselves dislike, while their tongues utter the lie that theirs is the goodness. Without a doubt, for them is the Fire, and they will be neglected.
63. By God, We sent messengers to communities before you, but Satan made their deeds appear alluring to them. He is their master today, and they will have a painful punishment.
64. We revealed to you the Scripture only to clarify for them what they differ about, and guidance and mercy for people who believe.
65. God sends down water from the sky, with which He revives the earth after its death. In this is a sign for people who listen.
66. And there is a lesson for you in cattle: We give you a drink from their bellies, from between waste and blood, pure milk, refreshing to the drinkers.
67. And from the fruits of date-palms and grapevines, you derive sugar and wholesome food. In this is a sign for people who understand.
68. And your Lord inspired the bee: “Set up hives in the mountains, and in the trees, and in what they construct.”
69. Then eat of all the fruits, and go along the pathways of your Lord, with precision. From their bellies emerges a fluid of diverse colors, containing healing for the people. Surely in this is a sign for people who reflect.
70. God created you; then He takes you away. Some of you will be brought back to the worst age, so that he will no longer know anything, after having acquired knowledge. God is Omniscient and Omnipotent.
Those without faith will be the worst example for man, while God brought the revelations, inspirations, and creation (with Jesus) as a good example to mankind. If God willed, He could destroy this earth, but there is a purpose to prolong destruction: Perhaps it is for people to be redeemed or to be punished further wth their denial.
When these people who do not believe in an afterlife reach their dying moments, they only wish they could delay it because they fear death thinking there is no more to experience, but they will never be able to delay death and they won’t be able to advance it until their time is up.
Line 62 is a strong line that shows the absolute ignorance and evil some people have allowed their hearts to become, when they curse God for things they hate or attribute our Creator to these awful things to them such as death, destruction, loss, murder, grief, etc..
God does not do evil harm to humans, they do it to themselves.
Line 63 is telling Muhammad that BEFORE Muhammad, there were other messengers chosen to give the messages to the communities before him, but the people became enamored by life and did not listen to these messengers. So they will be lost souls in death, never finding God while alive.
64 is extremely important to understand what the Quran set out to do. It set out to end the fight between Jews and Christians, because of the way it describes Jesus and the way it aims to unite all religions into one. It is a LAST warning for mankind and a reminder to those of good heart, deeds and faith that they will see the afterlife as they have always believed. It was to give great support during these hard times.
All these blessings have been given to people, but still they remain blind of the Signs around them to show gratitude for. They will remain blind in death too.
Line 68 is very interesting about the bees, since the Bumble bee is on the endangered list now, bees are VERY important scientifically to pollinate the earth, as well as honey to use to heal the human body. We have to save the bees.
“If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would have only four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.”
― Albert Einstein
Line 70 is a bit hard to understand on a spiritual level, but the way I see it is that after life, God can bring people back to this world or to the next. In this physical world is where we forget our true spiritual selves, and have a hard time remembering…this is painful until you remember God. But being resurrected in the next place, known as Heaven, is the ultimate goal of a soul that lived on earth. Heaven is a more blissful experience than earth. All of the small joys you feel on earth, are magnified in Heaven. 🙂
You have nothing to lose with faith, only much to gain, which is eternal happiness.