30. And it will be said to those who maintained piety, “What has your Lord revealed?” They will say, “Goodness.” To those who do good in this world is goodness, and the Home of the Hereafter is even better. How wonderful is the residence of the pious.
31. The Gardens of Perpetuity, which they will enter, beneath which rivers flow, where they will have whatever they desire. Thus God rewards the pious.
32. Those who are in a wholesome state when the angels take them—will say, “Peace be upon you; enter Paradise, for what you used to do.”
33. Are they but waiting for the angels to come to them, or for the command of your Lord to arrive? Those before them did likewise. God did not wrong them, but they used to wrong their own souls.
34. So the evils of their deeds assailed them, and what they used to ridicule engulfed them.
35. The idolaters say, “Had God willed, we would not have worshiped anything besides Him, neither us, nor our ancestors, nor would we have prohibited anything besides His prohibitions.” Those before them did likewise. Are the messengers responsible for anything but clear communication?
36. To every community We sent a messenger: “Worship God, and avoid idolatry.” Some of them God guided, while others deserved misguidance. So travel through the earth, and see what the fate of the deniers was.
37. Even though you may be concerned about their guidance, God does not guide those who misguide. And they will have no saviors.
38. And they swear by God with their most solemn oaths, “God will not resurrect anyone who dies.” Yes indeed, it is a promise binding on Him, but most people do not know.
39. To clarify for them what they differed about, and for the faithless to know that they were liars.
40. When We intend for something to happen, We say to it, “Be,” and it becomes.
Gabriel is telling Muhammad that the Good on earth will receive Goodness back to them. They will enter upon the gates of heaven and it is described in a beautiful earthly way to make it more comfortable and familiar to humans, though it is a spiritual state.
Line 36 is once again proof about the unity trying to be established to Muhammad through this angel’s guidance. Every nation had a messenger who spread the revelations to the people. This is so important in showing there is a commonality between all people of the world. With this knowledge, if people took it to heart as many muslims do, there truly could be peace in the world.
But God does guide those who choose to close their hearts and not see the Signs from God when the messengers each came to their nations. So due to the no interference laws from above, God leaves them alone in their misguidedness. Only bringing someone out of the darkness who seeks for the light themselves.
Gabriel is speaking about a particular group of people in line 38, the atheists. The material atheists to be exact. Even though they did not call themselves this at this point, this was the people who refused to believe that there was life beyond death. So they mocked and scoffed at the messengers before them telling them about the resurrection, but Allah gives Muhammad the wisdom to know that there if more life beyond this first life. And our bodies will be raised again because if Allah wills for something to happen, as the consciousness of this universe, it will happen.