40. When We intend for something to happen, We say to it, “Be,” and it becomes.
41. Those who emigrate for God’s sake after being persecuted, We will settle them in a good place in this world; but the reward of the Hereafter is greater, if they only knew.
42. Those who endure patiently, and in their Lord they put their trust.
43. We did not send before you except men whom We inspired. So ask the people of knowledge, if you do not know.
44. With the clarifications and the scriptures. And We revealed to you the Reminder, that you may clarify to the people what was revealed to them, and that they may reflect.
45. Do those who scheme evils feel secure that God will not cause the earth to cave in with them, or that the punishment will not come upon them from where they do not perceive?
46. Or that He will not seize them during their activities? And they will not be able to prevent it.
47. Or that He will not seize them while in dread? Your Lord is Gentle and Merciful.
48. Have they not observed what God has created? Their shadows revolve from the right and the left, bowing to God as they shrink away.
49. To God bows down everything in the heavens and everything on earth—every living creature, and the angels, and without being proud.
50. They fear their Lord above them, and they do what they are commanded.
As I go over these words, I am filled with a sense of hope and joy. In line 41, for all the innocent souls who have been forced from their lands and have tried to defend themselves and loved ones, it is a glad tiding to know that they will be shown a new home, like the Jews, and even like the Muslims persecuted out of Mecca. How beautiful of a Creator Consciousness we have to bring people to a new home when they are wronged so deep in the soul to be pushed out?
We know from the plight of the Palestinians that this is true today. Many are able to migrate out of there to start a new life free from oppression, but many can not move due to age, lack of financial resources, and emotional ties to the land. But here we see that Gabriel is giving Muhammad this wonderful message to know that even through this suffering at the hands of other people, they will be given a new home in this life or in the next. And we have a glimpse of how much better the Hereafter is for those innocent and patient for their true home in the spiritual realms with Allah.
Line 43 is very important because it shows that Muhammad did not write this, once again. It is spoken from an objective point of view to teach Muhammad that other men have come before him and have been inspired by God in the same way to help their people of believers. If he has any questions, he should seek them out. This teaches humility and does not allow the ego to control Muhammad in a way that other religious leaders allowed.
Line 44, Gabriel is telling Muhammad that he is given the Scriptures, and also the clarifications to discuss with the people, the further meanings. This could be what people called his “Sunnah” later, or it could be the specifications that are already revealed in the Quran revelations. Muhammad was given the Reminder to let the people know of other religions, to stay on path towards God, and move towards peace not war.
Line 45 is a warning about the natural consequences that come in the form of natural disasters like earthquakes, and divine intervention of stopping evil plots from spreading around the world. Seizing people while in dread, is a beautiful image to allow Muhammad the message of the truth of how Merciful and Understanding Allah is towards those who realize their wrongs.
Everything in this universe that is alive in some way, bows in respect towards the Creator. This is such a colossal idea that it can not be explained, but only show in the image I shared.
The way I am starting to see the world, is there are those who are so arrogant to not bow and humble themselves to anything higher than them. They believe that they somehow are the highest power and as we see in nature, and in animals and the way the oceans move…there is a power they move to that is greater than our own personal power. We are sparks of this Divine, but we are not the whole.
To me as a muslim woman, I find this truth so beautiful, to know that I am not greater or lesser than anybody under the Higher Power of God. There are ideals that are untouched by human actions, and they remain in our minds and hearts as goals to strive for. I do believe that Allah is ALL Good. There is no evil or bad in Creation, there is only change and transformation of this energy.
The freedom that the Creator allows has caused the evil vs good battles, but ultimately once the darkness awakens from their lower states of consciousness, then they will realize the truth and the Goodness that they all come from originally.