50. They fear their Lord above them, and they do what they are commanded.
51. God has said: “Do not take two gods; He is only One God; so fear only Me.”
52. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and the earth; and to Him obedience is due always. Do you, then, fear anyone other than God?
53. Whatever blessing you have is from God. And when harm touches you, it is to Him that you groan.
54. But when He lifts the harm from you, some of you associate others with their Lord.
55. To show ingratitude for what We have given them. Enjoy yourselves. You will soon know.
56. And they allocate, to something they do not know, a share of what We have provided for them. By God, you will be questioned about what you have been inventing.
57. And they attribute to God daughters—exalted is He—and for themselves what they desire.
58. And when one of them is given news of a female infant, his face darkens, and he chokes with grief.
59. He hides from the people because of the bad news given to him. Shall he keep it in humiliation, or bury it in the dust? Evil is the decision they make.
60. Those who do not believe in the Hereafter set a bad example, while God sets the Highest Example. He is the Mighty, the Wise.
Here Archangel Gabriel is telling Muhammad that everything on Earth obeys God’s commands, such as nature, animals and all things without freewill, like humans.
But humans are rebellious and when it has been told in the past to not split up God into many little deities to worship, they have done so anyways. This is specially speaking about the pagan Mecca civilization that honors 300 gods and goddesses at this time, before Muhammad received the revelations.
When the Angel is telling Muhammad about people groaning about Life, it is an interesting moment. Because here it it saying that when people struggle, they simply complain to one unseen Source of all life and curse this creator. But when they get blessings in whatever department of their lives, they believe it is from a “Love goddess”, or a “Harvest god”, when really it is all ONE.
And so here we see Gabriel speaking to Muhammad to show that for a temporary time these people will enjoy life, but they will be questioned in their death for making up many different gods to honor and worship while living.
Line 57 is speaking about the way goddesses were being created to be daughters, or women of the Father God-Allah, and how we learn this is wrong. Allah has no direct line of family relations, Allah is not a being, but is pureness and does not hold human like attributes of a human father that can birth a son or daughter to be a goddess or god, like Zeus’s character.
Line 58-59 is the most revealing of history of almost all the Quran, I feel. Gabriel is telling Muhammad about how his people in Mecca have been somehow manipulated by their leaders to believe that a female baby was a curse, and they were to kill it or bury it live in the sand.Here is the struggle that people had to endure under this spiritually oppressive state. They either had to run and hide a female baby far away from Mecca, or they have to kill it by orders of the pagan’s gods.
THIS is why the Quran revelations came down to Muhammad. Someone had to stop this human atrocity such as infanticide, and Muhammad had both the open heart and mind to be a conduit for God’s messages and warnings to them.
Can you NOW understand WHY Islam was reminded to the people of Ancient Arabia? Those who are not muslim, by their path….can you NOW understand what was happening in Arabia 600 years after Jesus?