120. Abraham was an exemplary leader, devoted to God, a monotheist, and was not of the polytheists.
121. Thankful for His blessings. He chose him, and guided him to a straight path.
122. And We gave him goodness in this world, and in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.
123. Then We inspired you: “Follow the religion of Abraham, the Monotheist. He was not an idol-worshiper.”
124. The Sabbath was decreed only for those who differed about it. Your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection regarding their differences.
125. Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good advice, and debate with them in the most dignified manner. Your Lord is aware of those who stray from His path, and He is aware of those who are guided.
126. If you were to retaliate, retaliate to the same degree as the injury done to you. But if you resort to patience—it is better for the patient.
127. So be patient. Your patience is solely from God. And do not grieve over them, and do not be stressed by their schemes.
128. God is with those who are righteous and those who are virtuous.
This is a powerful moment of showing Muhammad the righteousness Abraham had as a character that stood up to his community who were polytheists. Abraham would not divide God in his mind, and he was chosen as a true devotee.Archangel Gabriel is saying that because of this devotion and willing to be of service, he will be rewarded in Heaven.
Now the same duty is on Muhammad to become a beacon to his people of Arabia and light the path back HOME to God.
We learn in Line 124, that the day of the Sabbath became a test for people to see who would kill, harm and argue over it and who would be peaceful about the Sabbath revelations and truths. Everyone will be judged according to what they have done in life.
Muhammad’s job is to invite people to discuss God and the revelations with people and guide them to the righteous path. Allah/ God will see who listens and who does not because of their arrogance. Often times a messenger is born to test others to see who is so stuck in their own ego and will not listen, and who is good and true and wants to learn from others who have been given wisdom over others.
Line 126 is proof that the Quran only guides us towards equal self defense for those who attack you, but the BEST action is to have patience for others and to bestow mercy when you are able to do so.
Line 127 is such a great reminder to anyone who is a muslim and devotee to God, that we should remain patience and understand that God has everything under control. We do what we can and offer guidance or teachings (Dawah), but it is always up to the individual to find their own path to back towards God.
God is always with those who are righteous and full of virtue. They are the ones aligned to the power of God to overcome evil.