In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Glory to Him who journeyed His servant by night, from the Sacred Mosque, to the Farthest Mosque, whose precincts We have blessed, in order to show him of Our wonders. He is the Listener, the Beholder.
2. And We gave Moses the Scripture, and made it a guide for the Children of Israel: Take none for protector other than Me.
3. The descendants of those We carried with Noah. He was an appreciative servant.
4. And We conveyed to the Children of Israel in the Scripture: You will commit evil on earth twice, and you will rise to a great height.
5. When the first of the two promises came true, We sent against you servants of Ours, possessing great might, and they ransacked your homes. It was a promise fulfilled.
6. Then We gave you back your turn against them, and supplied you with wealth and children, and made you more numerous.
7. If you work righteousness, you work righteousness for yourselves; and if you commit evil, you do so against yourselves. Then, when the second promise comes true, they will make your faces filled with sorrow, and enter the Temple as they entered it the first time, and utterly destroy all that falls into their power.
8. Perhaps your Lord will have mercy on you. But if you revert, We will revert. We have made Hell a prison for the disbelievers.
9. This Quran guides to what is most upright; and it gives good news to the believers who do good deeds, that they will have a great reward.
10. And those who do not believe in the Hereafter—We have prepared for them a painful punishment.
This is very powerful. First Muhammad is being told by a Divine Messenger-Archangel Gabriel that Allah is the one who allowed him to travel out of his body or by flight to one Mosque to another in order to show the unity growing of Muslims. Only in the hadiths, is it spoken that he rode on a flying animal, but in the Quran we see it is a lot more spiritual and mysterious than this children’s myth being spread to ridicule Islam.
Muhammad was given astral projection abilities, and given the foresight to see the spread of Islam with the symbolism of the Mosques. Perhaps it was only a dream, but we can be sure these visions were real enough to Muhammad to infuse him with this knowledge.
Line 2 is where Moses is joined hands with Muhammad, and shown that the SAME creator force has guided mankind with the 10 commandments written on stone tablets. There is some interesting history of the Jews, in which we learn that SOME of them followed the orders or commandments of God, and some of them did not. So they were brought with more hardship to learn from and grow in faith spiritually.
I have become aware that we do face trials and obstacles placed on us as reflections of our weaknesses in our lives. When we face them and start to change, that is when God will alleviate you and bring you blessings that you have worked hard to receive.
Line 8 is to show that not even Muhammad is safe from the wrath of God, once a promise is broken. If you break a promise to God, God breaks a promise to you, because Allah shows you reflections of what you have become.
They can be both good or bad…it is all your Free Will and choice.