30. Your Lord expands the provision for whomever He wills, and restricts it. He is fully Informed, Observant of His servants.
31. And do not kill your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them, and for you. Killing them is a grave sin.
32. And do not come near adultery. It is immoral, and an evil way.
33. And do not kill the soul which God has made sacred, except in the course of justice. If someone is killed unjustly, We have given his next of kin certain authority. But he should not be excessive in killing, for he will be supported.
34. And do not go near the orphan’s property, except with the best of intentions, until he has reached his maturity. And honor your pledge, because the pledge involves responsibility.
35. And give full measure when you measure, and weigh with accurate scales. That is fair, and the best determination.
36. And do not occupy yourself with what you have no knowledge of. The hearing, and the sight, and the brains—all these will be questioned.
37. And do not walk proudly on earth. You can neither pierce the earth, nor can you match the mountains in height.
38. The evil of all these is disliked by your Lord.
39. That is some of the wisdom your Lord has revealed to you. Do not set up with God another god, or else you will be thrown in Hell, rebuked and banished.
40. Has your Lord favored you with sons, while choosing for Himself daughters from among the angels? You are indeed saying a terrible thing.
I will be very honest. These verses are what made my heart know that this guidance comes from the same source of the guidance of the Gita, Torah, and Quran in terms of establishing law in the land. There is a sense of law that exists outside of humankind, and it is total Truth and Justice. Here we see Muhammad being given the revelations from Angel Gabriel.
All these things sadly plague the soul of humanity such as child killing, adultery, killing without a trail first of someone convicted of a crime. Establishing these things would elevate the Arab nation to the next level, let alone humanity.
Line 39 shows the ultimate temptation of mankind to believe they are somewhat more powerful than the Higher Source that connects us all. If a person lives in their ego too much, they refuse to connect to the Higher Soul or to the Prime Creator which is Allah in the Arabic tongue. This is why I am happy to bow and pray to a higher source. I love feeling part of something Higher than my ego identity and I am happy to devote myself to spreading the messages and God’s Will for peace on earth, as a muslim.
Line 40 tells much about the times, when goddesses were worshipped. And the Quran is trying to teach that, BOTH genders are neither favored or preferred. They simple are equal in creation and express unique energies and roles within society and the universe even. There is never a need to favor one gender over another, but to remain balanced in understanding that we can have a gender identity, but still see both genders as equal in creation.
I am happy to be a woman in this life, but I do not think women are higher or lower to men. We are equal spiritually. Many times in my videos, I do hint at the idea where we do need to have more female religious leaders now, because this will give earth a new perspective on Spirit, which is what earth needs at this time. But it does not mean I see females as the preferred gender.
Also line 40 is talking about the cruel killing of the baby daughters that Pagan Mecca leaders made up as a law of the gods based on error of judgement. So Gabriel is trying to have Muhammad speak to the people to understand that no gender is favored as gods, and no gender is told to be killed off as seen lower importance. Both genders are needed for greater balance and good in the world.