100. Say, “If you possessed the treasuries of my Lord’s mercy, you would have withheld them for fear of spending.” The human being has always been stingy.
101. We gave Moses nine clear signs—ask the Children of Israel. When he went to them, Pharaoh said to him, “I think that you, Moses, are bewitched.”
102. He said, “You know that none sent these down except the Lord of the heavens and the earth—eye openers; and I think that you, Pharaoh, are doomed.”
103. He resolved to scare them off the land, but We drowned him, and those with him, altogether.
104. After him, We said to the Children of Israel, “Inhabit the land, and when the promise of the Hereafter arrives, We will bring you all together.”
105. With the truth We sent it down, and with the truth it descended. We sent you only as a bearer of good news and a warner.
106. A Quran which We unfolded gradually, that you may recite to the people over time. And We revealed it in stages.
107. Say, “Believe in it, or do not believe.” Those who were given knowledge before it, when it is recited to them, they fall to their chins, prostrating.
108. And they say, “Glory to our Lord. The promise of our Lord is fulfilled.”
109. And they fall to their chins, weeping, and it adds to their humility.
110. Say, “Call Him God, or call Him the Most Merciful. Whichever name you use, to Him belong the Best Names.” And be neither loud in your prayer, nor silent in it, but follow a course in between.
111. And say, “Praise be to God, who has not begotten a son, nor has He a partner in sovereignty, nor has He an ally out of weakness, and glorify Him constantly.”
Yes, the human being is stingy if they do not move beyond the material desires of this world. Here the Quran is revealing there is far more than the material treasures that await human souls, if they only believed in the Messages and lent Allah a beautiful Loan to be a good person on earth.
Moses was given the Signs to bring to Pharaoh to invite him to worship of ONE Creator unseen and not engraved in images. But Pharaoh was pulled into the Pagan mythology of Ancient Egypt and order that for his people while dividing people into classes. Moses was chosen to help free the nation of Hebrews that honored one God and were being oppressed for some time now by the Egyptian Pharaohs.
Eventually the Hebrews were freed and were meant to spread a new generation of believers under Moses’s guidance and teaching, until the End times.
Muhammad was chosen just like Moses to help deliver his own people from the clutches of the Mecca leaders. Muhammad is a warner and a deliverer and that is it. The Quran was given to him in small increments over a period of time in order to teach the messages to the people of Mecca.
Here Muhammad is getting a glimpse of how people who fall down in prostration when Muhammad speaks about the One God of all nations. Some will believe and some will not. This is not Muhammad’s responsibility to force any of this on anyone, he is only but the messenger of a Message that is there to help all who heed it.