60. We said to you that your Lord encompasses humanity. We did not make the vision We showed you, except as a test for the people, and the tree cursed in the Quran. We frighten them, but that only increases their defiance.
61. When We said to the angels, “Bow down before Adam,” they bowed down, except for Satan. He said, “Shall I bow down before someone You created from mud?”
62. He said, “Do You see this one whom You have honored more than me? If You reprieve me until the Day of Resurrection, I will bring his descendants under my sway, except for a few.”
63. He said, “Begone! Whoever of them follows you—Hell is your reward, an ample reward.”
64. “And entice whomever of them you can with your voice, and rally against them your cavalry and your infantry, and share with them in wealth and children, and make promises to them.” But Satan promises them nothing but delusion.
65. “As for My devotees, you have no authority over them.” Your Lord is an adequate Guardian.
66. Your Lord is He who propels for you the ships at sea, that you may seek of His bounty. He is towards you Most Merciful.
67. When harm afflicts you at sea, those you pray to vanish, except for Him. But when He saves you to land, you turn away. The human being is ever thankless.
68. Are you confident that He will not cause a track of land to cave in beneath you, or unleash a tornado against you, and then you find no protector?
69. Or are you confident that He will not return you to it once again, and unleash a hurricane against you, and drown you for your ingratitude? Then you will find no helper against Us.
70. We have honored the Children of Adam, and carried them on land and sea, and provided them with good things, and greatly favored them over many of those We created.
Muhammad is being told about the psychosis of the being known as Iblis, that became the Satan. Iblis could not understand why humans were next created after him made of fire, and Adam made of mud or earth. Iblis was already so caught up in his own ego and fear of losing Allah’s love, he created his own self fulfilling prophecy in which Allah casts him out of Creation and regarded him as a deviant till End Times.
But there is a Knowing of Allah, that all souls who deny the Ego and devote themselves to the ALL will not be swayed by their dark desires that Satan entices people to act on.
Muhammad is told that Allah is the force behind all movement of air, earth, water, and all of the other elements in the cosmos. Allah is the arranger of all matter in the universe and nature works within the Divine Plan of destruction and birth seen in nature.
I love this last verse in speaking about the Love Allah has for the Children of Adam and Eve and passing the wisdom to Muhammad to tell his people of his Arab nation that indeed they are being watched and delivered from suffering through Signs of Mercy from Allah throughout their life-they only need to be aware of it and SEE it.
Having humanity as a favored creation is an interesting concept, and it reminds me the theory that life once lived on Mars, but died out by the sputtering of the Sun. So it is a Miracle that humanity has survived so long and for a higher purpose that many of them are only awakening to now.