100. And he elevated his parents on the throne, and they fell prostrate before him. He said, “Father, this is the fulfillment of my vision of long ago. My Lord has made it come true. He has blessed me, when he released me from prison, and brought you out of the wilderness, after the devil had sown conflict between me and my brothers. My Lord is Most Kind towards whomever He wills. He is the All-knowing, the Most Wise.”
101. “My Lord, You have given me some authority, and taught me some interpretation of events. Initiator of the heavens and the earth; You are my Protector in this life and in the Hereafter. Receive my soul in submission, and unite me with the righteous.”
102. This is news from the past that We reveal to you. You were not present with them when they plotted and agreed on a plan.
103. But most people, for all your eagerness, are not believers.
104. You ask them no wage for it. It is only a reminder for all mankind.
105. How many a sign in the heavens and the earth do they pass by, paying no attention to them?
106. And most of them do not believe in God unless they associate others.
107. Do they feel secure that a covering of God’s punishment will not come upon them, or that the Hour will not come upon them suddenly, while they are unaware?
108. Say, “This is my way; I invite to God, based on clear knowledge—I and whoever follows me. Glory be to God; and I am not of the polytheists.”
109. We did not send before you except men, whom We inspired, from the people of the towns. Have they not roamed the earth and seen the consequences for those before them? The Home of the Hereafter is better for those who are righteous. Do you not understand?
110. Until, when the messengers have despaired, and thought that they were rejected, Our help came to them. We save whomever We will, and Our severity is not averted from the guilty people.
111. In their stories is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. This is not a fabricated tale, but a confirmation of what came before it, and a detailed explanation of all things, and guidance, and mercy for people who believe.
Joseph, who has always been a believer, is in this moment realizes the truth of his faith and how with his patience, virtue, integrity, and faith, he endured long hard trials and triumphed. He does not take for granted the authority given to him being part of the Egyptian government and his dream interpretation skills. He humbly admits he could not have done anything without his God.
It is an interesting story and one that can bring such hope to those who are at first made a victim by others. Gabriel in line 102, comes back to present time to tell Muhammad that was the story of a messenger who was before his time and even though this was one exceptional man, not all are believers and many deviate from the path.
When Gabriel says “Say” this is the exact words Muhammad must give to the people in translation of the stories he has been made aware of. This story about Joseph serves as a strong reminder to those with faith, and a warning to those without.
Only those who use their mind will be able to find the truth in this account, and not just think it is a fairytale. There is a purpose behind all messages, stories, and parables. It is not for amusement, they are tools to help humans progress on a deeper spiritual path that leads to the Gardens of bliss.