50. Say, “Have you considered? If His punishment overtakes you by night or by day, what part of it will the guilty seek to hasten?”
51. “Then, when it falls, will you believe in it? Now? When before you tried to hasten it?”
52. Then it will be said to those who did wrong, “Taste the torment of eternity. Will you be rewarded except for what you used to do?”
53. And they inquire of you, “Is it true?” Say, “Yes, by my Lord, it is true, and you cannot evade it.”
54. Had every soul which had done wrong possessed everything on earth, it would offer it as a ransom. They will hide the remorse when they witness the suffering, and it will be judged between them equitably, and they will not be wronged.
55. Assuredly, to God belongs everything in the heavens and the earth. Assuredly, the promise of God is true. But most of them do not know.
56. He gives life and causes death, and to Him you will be returned.
57. O people! There has come to you advice from your Lord, and healing for what is in the hearts, and guidance and mercy for the believers.
58. Say, “In God’s grace and mercy let them rejoice. That is better than what they hoard.”
59. Say, “Have you considered the sustenance God has sent down for you, some of which you made unlawful, and some lawful?” Say, “Did God give you permission, or do you fabricate lies and attribute them to God?”
60. What will they think-those who fabricate lies and attribute them to God-on the Day of Resurrection? God is bountiful towards the people, but most of them do not give thanks.
Muhammad is told to tell the people that when the time comes for the truth to be revealed, it could be too late by then to believe. So faith is asked of people before the Last Days. The people who have done pure evil on earth to others and made their lives miserable will taste the torments they have give. It is karma and a natural consequence of evil actions.
If the people ask Muhammad if what he warns about is true, he is to tell them that what the people receive back from their deeds can not be avoided. It is all seen by God and will be shown to them of what they do, both good and bad. If you are a good person who gives to others freely, you will experience the rewards of doing good. If you are an evil person that harms others, you also will experience back what you have done.
Line 54 shows that the truth will be shown to those who did wrong and they will finally see the suffering they caused. They will wish to free themselves from this now knowing the truth with all their “things”collected, but it is too late in death. They will try to give up the wealth that they hoarded while others died, after they see the suffering they caused and finally know the truth. They have already lived a life full of empty value and evil towards others. They will hide their remorse for others’ suffering, but they will be seen. They can not hide. Their judgement will be equal to the amount of good or bad they put out into the world. Everything is fair and just and nobody will be wronged when the Judgement day arrives.
Everything is from God. Life and death is from God according to what is in the Plan that only He can see. This Quran is advice, healing and a warning to the people that acts as a “third” chance for mankind since the warnings came from the other religious texts already. The Quran is the third and the last because there is nothing new to be known. You reap what you sow, and religious leaders can not substitute that with their teachings.
Line 58 shows that people should rejoice at the revelations of the Quran and see more value to it than the materials and things they hoard. Muhammad is then to challenge those who altered the first commandments of God and to call them out for fabricating ideas about God’s words.
There is a warning to those who fabricate God’s words, that they will be judged for what they have done. The people who have consciously altered religion to fit their needs will not experience Heaven, Muhammad is to warn them to get back on track to what was the original words of God. In the Quran is the original words as another mercy to mankind. Those who don’t see that, miss out on learning some important truths about humans, religion, and God that the other books failed to give in order to keep humans’ focus on the wrong things for salvation.
Now we are starting to understand who are the true “disbelievers” in the Quran. Those who strayed enough from faith to cause chaos and division within religion.
40. Among them are those who believe in it, and among them are those who do not believe in it. Your Lord is fully aware of the mischief-makers.
41. If they accuse you of lying, say, “I have my deeds, and you have your deeds. You are quit of what I do, and I am quit of what you do.”
42. And among them are those who listen to you. But can you make the deaf hear, even though they do not understand?
43. And among them are those who look at you. But can you guide the blind, even though they do not see?
44. God does not wrong the people in the least, but the people wrong their own selves.
45. On the Day when He rounds them up-as if they had tarried only one hour of a day-they will recognize one another. Those who denied the meeting with God will be the losers. They were not guided.
46. Whether We show you some of what We promise them, or take you, to Us is their return. God is witness to everything they do.
47. Every community has a messenger. When their messenger has come, judgment will be passed between them with fairness, and they will not be wronged.
48. And they say, “When will this promise be fulfilled, if you are truthful?”
49. Say, “I have no power to harm or benefit myself, except as God wills. To every nation is an appointed time. Then, when their time arrives, they can neither postpone it by one hour, nor advance it.
50. Say, “Have you considered? If His punishment overtakes you by night or by day, what part of it will the guilty seek to hasten?”
Gabriel is telling Muhammad to know that God sees the mischief makers on earth. If they accuse Muhammad of lying when giving this wisdom, then Muhammad is told to ignore them and say basically, “you have your path, and I have mine”.
Many people who can hear perfectly fine can not process the information in their brains as truths. Be it the blocks they put on themselves or the distrust and lack of faith that they have. Many people who see fine with their eyes, are actually blind to the truth when it is staring right at them. This is also a reason to be able to use your third eye by listening to your intuition and know the truth from the lies.
Line 44, is something I wish I could copy, paste, and post all over the internet. Every time I see a comment against God that says He created bad and evil things on earth, this is the best rebuttal you can give. God does not wrong the people, they wrong themselves. Big corporations have a choice to be greedy or not, and people have a choice to allow them to exist. The Quran is for the revolutionist at heart who sees what needs to be changed and knows that the Mecca leaders of the past would not change on their own. If nothing was done, than the muslims had no right to complain about the injustice. God would have not wronged them, they would have wronged themselves by choosing to NOT listen to God.
Line 45 is where we see time being extracted from a human level. The Judgement Day is a day when all evil people are rounded up and their lives come to an ending moment of feeling like they only waited for a hour for the end. The disbelievers will recognize each other by identification of the soul for the dark path that they followed and they will be the losers who lose out on being in the blissful state of Heaven. They were not guided cause they did not allow themselves or ask to be guided to the straight path to God when given a chance.
Next line shows that Muhammad could be shown the fate of people who don’t believe or he can be taken away from them in a rapture like event. It does not matter, all people eventually return back to God. So with or without Muhammad is not important. He is only a messenger and not responsible for their deeds. It is what the individual soul does themselves.
Line 47 is so important and what brought me my understanding of unity between all religions: Every nation or community has had a messenger. It is up to the people to either take these messages and warnings as truth or mock, ridicule, and distort them. God sees all that they do and no wrong shall be done because judgement will pass in total fairness. Every soul will earn back what they put out into the world.
They ask Muhammad and will continue to ask him when God’s last days are. Muhammad is to tell them that he is only able to speak about things he was guided about and they should not want to hasten judgement. Because on that day, people who THINK they will see Heaven because of what rituals and religious leaders they followed, will be humiliated. They may be humiliated to learn that the path they have followed has been not to worship God, but to worship Satan (ego, idols, hate, money, power, control, anger, chaos) instead.
So Muhammad is to say to them don’t hasten Judgement Day, because for many guilty, it will not be a day they want to draw close to them faster than it already is coming for them all in the future.
Let this be another reminder to those looking for the apocalypse. Be careful what you wish for and really prepare yourself spiritually for a time like this. Are you soul ready?
A rare interview with Arthur C. Clarke, the writer of the Space Odyssey series and a Childhood’s End in the 40’s, shows an interest in Islam at its basic core. After reading the book “A Childhood’s End”, ( now recently made into a show on the Syfy channel Dec. 14th ), I am more than convinced that Clarke read the Quran and was inspired to write how the end of the Universe happens pertaining to the revelations given to Muhammad by Gabriel.
FI: Do you see any value at all in the various religions?
Clarke: Though I sometimes call myself a crypto-Buddhist, Buddhism is not a religion. Of those around at the moment, Islam is the only one that has any appeal to me. But, of course, Islam has been tainted by other influences. The Muslims are behaving like Christians, I’m afraid.
FI: What appeals to you in Islam?
Clarke: Historically, Islam had a great deal of tolerance for other views and offered the world its priceless wisdom in the form of astronomy and algebra. And, as you know, Islam helped rescue Western civilization from the Dark Ages by preserving classical texts and transmitting them to the West. We, on the other hand, burned the library at Alexandria. If Islam hadn’t fallen into internecine warfare and had gone on to conquer the rest of Europe, we’d have avoided a thousand years of Christian barbarism.
To see more of the interview, please go here: http://www.arthurcclarke.net/?interview=4
*Warning!! Spoiler Alert For Those Who Want To Watch The Show or Read the Book!!
When you get towards the later chapters of the Quran, the time and space of God’s realm starts to appear as something inconceivable to humans at our level of understanding that only the Angel Gabriel and God know. Written down in words was just a small glimmer of the mysteries of God revealed to Muhammad.
In the book and movie, time stands still often with the overlords able to manipulate time. In the Quran, the End Days will appear to people as if their whole life was a dream because our relativity to time disappears when this earth starts to:
It will be, on the Day they see it, as though they had not remained [in the world] except for an afternoon or a morning thereof.
Also the idea of the End of the World happening in a column of fire that destroys everything in site lifting everything back to God, is seen in the Quran, just as much as it is envisioned in the book:
[They will be told], “Proceed to that which you used to deny.Proceed to a shadow [of smoke] having three columns. Neither shading, nor of any use against the fierce flame of the Fire.”
And the way that Heaven and Hell will be presented as different realities to divide the people who go peacefully with faith and those who fight against the Plan of God, and worship this life, not embracing the next is shown here:
For them who have done good is the best [reward] and extra. No darkness will cover their faces, nor humiliation. Those are companions of Paradise; they will abide therein eternally.
And how all matter disappears when the world is destroyed at the end of mankind’s journey in the book, certainly parallels to the Quran:
And the heaven is opened and will become gateways. And the mountains are removed and will be [but] a mirage.
I have to be honest, ever since I converted to Islam and found my true path to God…I have no fears of life ending. I imagine that is how Christians may feel when they read their Bible and the revelations, or any other person of faith.
When I read the Quran, I know that all of THIS is from God, and if it is not and it is from energy that rebels against its nature and creator (like Satan), it is removed or rebalanced in the end. Life is a journey and what you make out of it determines where you end up in the afterlife. Heaven is a state of being that you bring yourself to by what you do and the memories you hold.
Everything is always at the core level all good at its original source, because God is.
50. Say, “I do not say to you that I possess the treasuries of God, nor do I know the future, nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I only follow what is inspired to me.” Say, “Are the blind and the seeing alike? Do you not think?”
51. And warn with it those who fear to be gathered before their Lord-they have no protector or intercessor apart from Him-perhaps they will grow in piety.
52. And do not drive away those who call upon their Lord, morning and evening, seeking His attention. You are not accountable for them in any way, nor are they accountable for you in any way. If you drive them away, you would be one of the unjust.
53. Thus We try some of them by means of others, that they may say, “Are these the ones whom God has favored from among us?” Is God not aware of the appreciative?
54. When those who believe in Our revelations come to you, say, “Peace be upon you, your Lord has prescribed mercy for Himself. Whoever among you does wrong out of ignorance, and then repents afterwards and reforms-He is Forgiving and Merciful.”
55. Thus We explain the revelations, and expose the path of the unrighteous.
56. Say, “I am forbidden from worshiping those you pray to besides God.” Say, “I will not follow your desires; else I would be lost and not be of those guided.”
57. Say, “I stand on clear evidence from my Lord, and you have rejected Him. I do not possess what you seek me to hasten; the decision belongs solely to God. He states the truth, and He is the Best of Judges.”
58. Say, “If I possessed what you seek me to hasten, the matter between you and me would have been settled. God is well aware of the unjust.”
59. With Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except He. And He knows everything on land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls but He knows it; and there is not a single grain in the darkness of earth, nor is there anything wet or dry, but is in a clear record.
60. It is He Who takes you by night, and He knows what you earn by day. Then He raises you up in it, until a fixed term is fulfilled. Then to Him is your return, then He will inform you of what you used to do.
Muhammad is being told what to say to the people that he is just a messenger. He is to gather those true believers together who will follow his words, much like the disciples of Jesus. He is also told by Gabriel to not drive away those who he may judge outwardly. Anyone who praises God and devotes service to Him by day and night is one of the righteous.
Whomever comes to Muhammad with a sincere heart and repents changing their old ways is shown the way by God. And Muhammad will know them by this.
Exposing the path of the unrighteous is by having Muhammad talk and teach people the word of God, and if they deny it or ignore it, than God knows.
Muhammad is to say to the people and teach his followers’ of these revelations, that he will submit himself to no one, but God. This is something that probably terrified those in charge. It is exactly why they plotted to get rid of Jesus, and why Muhammad will have enemies as well. When you bow to nobody except God, then the government, tyrannies and kingships that rule over people lose their control. The true Muslim, is a revolutionist who is ready to stand up against injustice and tyranny. That’s what Muhammad taught and what so many were afraid of.
Line 57 is where cryptically Muhammad is told to tell the people that he does not hold the power to hasten the End Times. This angel that came to Muhammad from God, knows that humans wish for the End to satisfy their curiosities. But this is not the role of Muhammad or any human messenger. It is to warn, teach, and preach the values needed in order to get back to God. When there is a messenger sent or born, there is a chance at having Mercy for mankind. A second chance to learn and test the souls of the humans. So Muhammad is told here to tell the people, they are being judged, and he does not know when the Final Judgment day will arrive. That decision belongs to God solely. Not even the angels know of God’s Plan. They simply do as they have been created, to do.
The last line, line 60 in this is telling Muhammad that God is such a force that no lie can escape from. Our Creator knows our deep subconscious thoughts that display who we are, our fears, and our desires found in our dreams at night. We are then reflected upon whether we can come back into our body and live yet again another day. Every day is a blessing and should be treated as so. We then get to live here on earth learning, growing and enjoying life until the time we are called back to God, to be informed of the type of life we have once lived that determines where we next end up.