50. And to Aad, their brother Hud. He said, “O my people, worship God, you have no other god besides Him. You do nothing but invent lies.”
51. “O my people, I ask you no wage for it; my wage lies with Him who originated me. Do you not understand?”
52. “O my people, ask forgiveness from your Lord, and repent to Him. He will release the sky pouring down upon you, and will add strength to your strength. And do not turn away and be wicked.”
53. They said, “O Hud, you did not bring us any evidence, and we are not about to abandon our gods at your word, and we are not believers in you.”
54. “We only say that some of our gods have possessed you with evil.” He said, “I call God to witness, and you to witness, that I am innocent of what you associate.
55. Besides Him. So scheme against me, all of you, and do not hesitate.
56. I have placed my trust in God, my Lord and your Lord. There is not a creature but He holds it by the forelock. My Lord is on a straight path.
57. If you turn away, I have conveyed to you what I was sent to you with; and my Lord will replace you with another people, and you will not cause Him any harm. My Lord is Guardian over all things.”
58. And when Our decree came, We saved Hud and those who believed with him, by a mercy from Us, and We delivered them from a harsh punishment.
59. That was Aad; they denied the signs of their Lord, and defied His messengers, and followed the lead of every stubborn tyrant.
60. And they were pursued by a curse in this world, and on the Day of Resurrection. Indeed, Aad blasphemed against their Lord-so away with Aad, the people of Hud.
Hud was the warner of an ancient people of a nation called Aad. He was trying to tell them that the sky would come pouring down on them and destroy them all if they did not stop worshipping others gods and practicing in polytheism. They only thought he was possessed by one of their gods that they worshipped. But Hud said he was innocent of the crime that they associated with him and he only believed in ONE Creator of the world and universe.
Line 57 shows exactly what happens and how evolution moves forwards. When one group of people grow to a point of where they can no longer spread messages of unity and one creator it seems then they are replaced by a new creation. Hud was given this wisdom to pass on to his people, but they did not listen to him as they did not listen to Noah.
Gabriel goes on to tell them that the people of Aad were destroyed and Hud and only the people that believed in him remained from that civilization. Till the day of resurrection when all the truth comes out they will be held accountable for not believing in Hud’s warnings.
Quite possibly where Aad was and were archeologists find few remains of a past civilization.